Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would a gent buy a decent walking cane?

• 24-10-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Probably the wrong place to post this, no idea what category it falls under though...

Need a walking cane, in the style of Where's Wally, for a halloween costume. Not sure where to buy one though, don't want to be spending loads on a fancy one either.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

You need to get in contact with these fine gents

97qqg6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

The cane complex on third. In the cane district.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

There's the Cane Hut, that's on third. There's Canes-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Hand-There. That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Stick... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the Cane complex on third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Just get a stick from the park :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Just nick it off some old dude. Isn't that what all the kids are doing nowadays?

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Find a blind lad.
    Steal his dog.

When he whips out his backup cane use a piece of timber to lure him tappety tap down a blind alley ( couldn't help myself!) and then mug him for his cane.

simples;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Get the cane from Citizen Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

A decent looking cane is going to cost money. Get a stick and throw some varnish on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Try the charity shops around the city centre etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

matchthis wrote: »
    There's the Cane Hut, that's on third. There's Canes-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Hand-There. That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Stick... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the Cane complex on third.

Can I buy the cane from Citizen Kane there too?

OP, aks some in an old folks home if they can lend you one, as someone said they are fairly pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What's brown and sticky?
    Your cane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

kid wants a cane and he says he's dressing up as wally, not gregory house. after hours certainly has jumped the shark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Can't think of anything funny :fail:
    But OP go to one of the Guineys on talbot street they sell cheap ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Can't think of anything funny :fail:
    But OP go to one of the Guineys on talbot street they sell cheap ones
    Inb4 "Is that Talbot St in Limerick or Cork hurr hurr". :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ebay when all else fails.

Believe it or not, I have found Poundstretcher stores and their kind, sometimes have them.
    Occasionally I see them in markets as well as on sale on cobblers shops.

I had to go looking for one myself as occasionally I need help due to a wound I have in an ankle where part of it was taken from me.

If your are ever in Drogheda, Co Louth, Hickeys Chemist in West street sell them - and they are not that expensive at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

wow a member who uses a walking cane and boards.ie, impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

niallo24 wrote: »
    Probably the wrong place to post this, no idea what category it falls under though...

Need a walking cane, in the style of Where's Wally, for a halloween costume. Not sure where to buy one though, don't want to be spending loads on a fancy one either.

Any ideas??

A true gent would know where to find a cane. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Snakeblood wrote: »
    A true gent would know where to find a cane. :rolleyes:
    I'm saying nothing, I'm a pillock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

97qqg6.jpg

Where's Wally?

Oh there they are!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

97qqg6.jpg

Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Dublin Bus lost and found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Don't worry if you see Gentlemen on the door of the toilets. They didn't have one that said Scoundrel so just go right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

The waiting room of the Irish Guide Dogs Association. The blind folk will be all excited waiting for their dogs and will thus have let their guard down...

Advertisement