Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera issues

Options
  • 24-10-2010 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

hey all, i recently helped my neighbour install 4 security cameras , the picture on all 4 units keeps rolling , its all ran in cat 5, power going down one pair and video down another and connected up with baluns on either end , any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you checked voltage at each camera?
    Is each Camera powered by a seperate PSU?
    Are the cables running alongside mains?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

What type of kit is used
    How many psu's did you use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

4 psi , one for each camera, not sure of the make

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Disconnect all cameras from the DVR and connect one by one to the monitor to see if they are working.
    Check the polarity of the baluns
    Check the cameras locally for picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

kramer1 wrote: »
    hey all, i recently helped my neighbour install 4 security cameras , the picture on all 4 units keeps rolling , its all ran in cat 5, power going down one pair and video down another and connected up with baluns on either end , any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

I would say you dont have enough power going to the cameras. Can you post what type camera plus power supply your using ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

hey all just want to say thanks for all the suggestions and sorry for not getting back for a while, the issue has been resolved.
    my neighbour called out the guy who sold him the setup.
    he couldn tfigure it out so he rang the guy in china that he gets them from, turns out theres a button on the back of the dvr which was set on ntsc rather than pal <or something>. once again many thanks for the help

Advertisement