Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did/do you do with your 6 week old all day?

• 24-10-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

as the title suggests!

im trying to get in a routine with her, so bathtime is 9pm, bottle at 10pm and bed. then she's up at 2 and again at 7. we nap untill 9ish then.

she'd be due another bottle at 10am - but then what do you all day? id usually try and get a walk in and she'l sleep a little while also but apart from that i really dont know how to entertain her.

has anyone any inspiration for me?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

She doesn't need entertaining she's too young. Sounds like you might need some though :)

I spent the time reading watching tv and breastfeeding, bliss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Babies need very little entertainment/stimulation at that age. Everything they see/hear/smell/feel is new to them and interesting! She'll be happy enough just watching the world go by, listening to you and taking in everything around her.

If you have a boucy chair, sit her in front of the washing machine! Lay her on a different textured blanket. Invest in a baby gym. Mine used to keep Megan happy for ages! I also used to read alot to Megan when she was small, she's heard lots of the Roald Dahl books which I love to read too. She's all into the lift the flap books now :rolleyes:

Make the most of this time cos they sure need some entertaining when they get that bit older! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

She's only been on the planet 6 weeks. A wall is entertainment. Or those play mat things (is she too small for those? I don't know) I'd go do something fun for yourself, like shopping or a movie at one of the cinemas that do movies for people with babies.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

at 2 months babies starting to see difference in contrasts. get her a book like tiny love for babies.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiny-Love-Double-Sided-First/dp/B0012V3D7I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287935849&sr=8-1
    my son was amazed with it, he spent all days looking at it. and then when he turned 3 months I show him the other side as well. he loves it.

you can get used ones on ebay, there are different kinds of them. by taf toys and tiny love, some on amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shazzad01

let the baby sleep i think u need too get a hobby going for a walk or join a mothers and baby group in your area ,also i hope u dont mind me saying bath in the evening it helps them too sleep through and a little wash in the morning too avoid rubbing babys skin is so delicate dont over do it x x

• Advertisement
Advertisement