Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia "Voice Aid"

Options
  • 24-10-2010 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,,

A friend of mine had a Nokia E51, which had a feature called Voice Aid... this feature gave an audio feedback for everything on the screen.... So when the phone would ring and the name Tom would appear on the screen, the phone would also "Tom calling"...

There is no such feature on the Nokia 6303i Classic.. But I'm wondering if there is a similar app that is commercially available..

I'm going through the many apps on the nokia site at the moment, but if there's anybody that knows an app that is similar to Voice Aid, I would appreciate it..

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It will say the callers name though, go into 'profiles' and then under personalise, you will see "say callers name", turn this on. Their is probably a message reader also on it, haven't got one to hand to be sure,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hi Davy, I went through all those settings for the ring settings in the profile and there was no option for "say caller's name"..

thought their was, I will try get one tomorrow or tuesday and see if I can find it

thanks Davy, I've been looking it up for a few hours... I've found that what I'm looking for is called a "screen reader", there's two main ones called Nuance's Talks and Codefactory's Mobile Speak, but unfortunately the 6303i Classic is not listed as compatible.. I'm not sure if this because the phone is too new and just hasnt been added yet...

But the basic of what he is looking for is that when the phone rings and is in his pocket, it speaks the name of the caller so that he doesnt have to put everything down and look at the phone to see who is calling. ... thanks..

HI Davy, did you have a look at that phone for me ;)

• Advertisement

HI Davy, did you have a look at that phone for me ;)

Sorry haven't got a chance. :o

Advertisement