Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Stoke. 1.30pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DO NOT F*CK THIS AWAY NOW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

flahavaj wrote: »
    The new Solskjaer. How many is that already for the season?

He must be top scorer for them is he? And with the least amount of games out of the forward players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I'd say thats wrapped it up Shawcross played him on side when they could of played off-side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'll be hiding behind the couch for the next 5 minutes, please do not have another 2-2 draw.

Can't wait to watch Liverpool lose after this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Chicharito on for a perfect hat trick.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Icant watch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'd say thats wrapped it up Shawcross played him on side when they could of played off-side

Yeah but in fairness I'd say he was expecting to be clearing something off the line. Still it was poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Fukin Pulis time as usual

Sh*tting it.:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

greetings wrote: »
    Can't wait to watch Liverpool lose after this :pac:

Why do all man u fans seem more obsessed with Liverpool than their own club?

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Icant watch :(

Hang in there,less than 4 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Dcully wrote: »

All of them ,really?

I never knew that!

Sorenson up I can see United getting one on the break

• Advertisement

Who said I'm a United fan? I'm a neutral,but for the sake of the title race would love a United win.
    And for the sake of a really interesting relegation battle,I'd love to see Liverpool lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

<3 Vidic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kenwyn Jones, Kenwyn Jones, calling Kenwyn Jones. Kenwyn Jones, Kenwyn Jones, Get Up Now!!

One fan says it and you generalise the whole lot of us. I wouldn't expect anything less of you though. Always around for some sort of a pop.

Good save he stayed up well to get it

• Advertisement

Good save Sorenson. Nice move there by United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

big, BIG three points for United today. Massive result for us.

Man of the Match voting available on the following link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

As always, please be sensible with voting or don't vote at all, getting fed up with having to filter our the twonks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Result :)

first away win for United

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Le King wrote: »
    One fan says it and you generalise the whole lot of us. I wouldn't expect anything less of you though. Always around for some sort of a pop.

What are talking about? always around for a pop?
    Please do link to where im "always around for some sort of a pop" jaysus man you must be on the smokies , i rarely post on here not to mention man u threads.

Ill say most manc fans then , happy?

Absolutely delighted for Utd & Chico :)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

As always, please be sensible with voting or don't vote at all, getting fed up with having to filter our the twonks.

Voted there,good idea that.Where do you see the results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Some" manc fans would probably the most fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

My new word for the day!!!

MASSIVE win. Get in. A win at Stoke, whivh is always a tough spot makes up for one of those bad draws earlier in the season. Lets hope they can kick on no.

Chico = legend, some players are born to grace the big time. Fergie has had some week.

• Advertisement

killwill wrote: »
    My new word for the day!!!

Love it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

oh sweet relief. Thank god it wasn't another 2-2 draw.

1. Chico
    2. Berba
    2. Vidic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Chico is a Star

greetings wrote: »
    Voted there,good idea that.Where do you see the results?

i'll post the results in this thread and the United thread in a couple of days, probably Tuesday morning.

"Bashir" the first poster to waste my time this week.

"haddockman" the second.

flahavaj wrote: »
    1. Chico
    2. Berba
    2. Vidic

Reverse Vida and Berba and that's mine!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Delighted with the result and performance today. Stoke had one shot on target and played some truly terrible football, they deserved nothing.

MOTM
    Berbatov - he was unreal today.
    Chico - get in
    Vidic - would love to know how many headers he won today.

Also massive respect for the fans today. Great atmosphere.
    VIVA Ronaldo, Cantona,Busby babes all sounded great on the stream!!

Arse to beat the city and it's a great day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Chico has very good english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've never seen a header like that, mad turn, and well placed too. Look like Man U have something special in Hernandez.

• Advertisement

I voted Berbatov
    Chico
    Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Great result. Thank god after Tuncay's screamer.

Really poor performance I think, O'Shea and Scholes gave the ball away an absolute unbeveliable amount, the former all throughout the game, the latter as he got tired.

The midfield were awfully awfully negative and kept passing it back to the defence. They in turn hoofed the ball up and we lost possesion. Desperately missed Anderson's energy and desire for the ball and to drive forward.

All in all, 3 points Stoke away I will always take, but we need to get better in the middle or we're in real trouble.

On the plus side, Chico is now a decent option as a 3rd striker which is great to see him settle in so quickly.

Chico has great English too which will be huge in helping him bed in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hernandez was very good today. Missed one good chance but was great otherwise.

Neville is a lucky man.

playa3 wrote: »
    Chico has very good english.

He's not your run of the mill thick footbller , he has a degree in busines I think it is as well.

Berbatov was absolutely class today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

lordgoat wrote: »
    Delighted with the result and performance today. Stoke had one shot on target and played some truly terrible football, they deserved nothing.

Bit harsh on Stoke, they did well.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    On the plus side, Chico is now a decent option as a 3rd striker which is great to see him settle in so quickly.
    2nd choice,behind Berbatov on current form.

also, on this, remember this is open to all fans - as long as you don't act like twonks.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Great result. We really neaded that.
    I was hoping for a clean sheet as the game was wearing on but that wasn't to be. Still I wouldn't blame the centre backs for the goal and it was good to see Vidic and Ferdinand continueing to get back into the groove.

Chicharito, what a prospect. That first goal was a really good sign imo. Great improvisation and agility. And the second goal was all about his positioning and reaction. He's looking like such a good prospect.

MoM:
    Chico
    Vidic
    Evra

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Johner wrote: »
    Bit harsh on Stoke, they did well.

33% possession in the first half, and never once looked to try and play football just lump it into the box, i always forger how much i hate stoke until i watch them play.

Pro F, just wondering what did you think of Berba today. I just see you didn't vote for him and think it's a bit odd.

For me he was our outstanding player today. Held the ball up, created chances for him and others. Composed on the ball. Great in his own box winning headers and setting up breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pro F, just wondering what did you think of Berba today. I just see you didn't vote for him and think it's a bit odd.

For me he was our outstanding player today. Held the ball up, created chances for him and others. Composed on the ball. Great in his own box winning headers and setting up breaks.
    I do think he did well but he wasn't an outstanding player imho. He was good (including his extra defensive work) but he could have done more in attack for me and he didn't really worry their defence enough.

The fact that he doesn't get onto my top 3 isn't really a criticism. For me, once you've picked the motm the second, third, fourth etc places become very close calls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement