Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shocking ignorance of transsexuality.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You seem to be fixated on those 10 foot poles. Let me get this straight, if somebody says that they wouldn't have sex with a TS, you see that as an attack on trans people? Seriously? Well gone are the days when people are free to make their own choices then. Ironic that it's the people championing individuality so much that find it offensive when other people display their own individual preferences

Its the way they're putting it, its a comment that comes up everytime. I don't go in for this curvy/fat girl thing. I know thats mean, but I don't say ten foot pole because I am talking about people, not animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ottostreet wrote: »
    God its repetitive talking about other peoples sexualities.

I personally don't give a damn what you, or anyone else get up to in the bedroom, and wish that the LGBT community would shut up and stop thinking that a lot of people actually care.

Were nor the ones starting the 'would u shag a trannie' threads.

And everyone is entitles to defend themselves and their friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Your heart is in the right place, but your attitude, judging by the posts in this thread, stinks!

It seems to be more about you rather than the issue. I say that because you posted such a serious issue in AH, then go on a persecution crusade when people joke about, even though everyone knows that nearly 100% of these threads in AH get jokes, people taking the pi** etc..

Plus look at this "I must educate the ignorant attitude" you have. WTF?

it's not really jokes I'm taking issue with, in that last thread people were being completely serious with the kind of things they were saying. I don't mind a joke as long as it's not mean spirited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

but I don't say ten foot pole because I am talking about people, not animals.

Yet you'll happily refer to the posters in AH as "unwashed masses".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

JohnathanM wrote: »
    Yet you'll happily refer to the posters in AH as "unwashed masses".

Have you actually read most of the posts on anything on here?I like AH but I'm not going to claim its high brow or intellectual in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Foreplay, making sure it's REALLY a woman.

Time to stop the joking, I guess it takes some cojones to be a tranny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

Have you actually read most of the posts on anything on here?I like AH but I'm not going to claim its high brow or intellectual in any way.

I still don't think you can have it both ways. You are going to have to understand that your posts in this thread have come off as condescending, no matter how valid your points may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

A man is a man and can never be a woman. Men who mutilate their genitals are not woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Links234: People are just going to have different understandings of gender. This is something that needs to be pretty much accepted.

Personally, as I would see it, people are the gender that they are born with. People can decide to change their appearance should they wish to, and that is their full choice and right, but personally I would see the birth gender as the full gender of the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

jugger0 wrote: »
    A man is a man and can never be a woman. Men who mutilate their genitals are not woman.

FFS did you really have to do that?^ Jesus i forgot its AH.:rolleyes:

thread will be locked soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Links234 wrote: »
    it's not really jokes I'm taking issue with, in that last thread people were being completely serious with the kind of things they were saying. I don't mind a joke as long as it's not mean spirited.

Well, take the saying "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" and multiply that by a million when it comes to online discussions.

I think people's opposition here is not against the issue at hand, but the methods used, not on purpose, by yourself and the way you present your case.

Time to stop the joking, I guess it takes some cojones to be a tranny.
    I suppose you're right, I really gotta grow a pair of boobs :p
    Jakkass wrote: »
    Personally, as I would see it, people are the gender that they are born with.
    and I agree with you, people are the gender they are born with. transgender people are born with the gender they identify as. a MtF transsexual is born female ;)
    I think people's opposition here is not against the issue at hand, but the methods used, not on purpose, by yourself and the way you present your case.
    ok how can I better present my case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ok, lets all be friends again.
    Let's put our differences aside.
    Come on....eat, drink and be Mary.

Links234 wrote: »
    and I agree with you, people are the gender they are born with. transgender people are born with the gender they identify as. a MtF transsexual is born female ;)

That's where I disagree. If one has to perform serious and possibly harmful modification to their body then it evidently isn't the gender that they were born with to begin with?

Jackass unless your a psychologist I don't know how you can be an authority on gender classification.

That's where I disagree. If one has to perform serious and possibly harmful modification to their body then it evidently isn't the gender that they were born with to begin with?

loads of scientific evidence to say otherwise, it's all linked in my opening post.

Please provide this, and what you are defining as gender. I'm not convinced to date. I suspect, the definition, and the evidence cited are probably inadequate.

efb: I don't claim to be, but certainly I won't leap to conclusions unless I can be convinced that they are the case. I'm open to being convinced, but I am not yet. Therefore I won't pretend to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Ah the age old question of transsexuality. Very simple answer, if you can't tug it then plug it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Please provide this, and what you are defining as gender. I'm not convinced to date.

efb: I don't claim to be, but certainly I won't leap to conclusions unless I can be convinced that theyy are the case. I'm open to being convinced, but I am not yet. Therefore I won't pretend to be.

Just a quick question.

You meet a women in a social setting,lets say a social club. you are then informed that she was once a man. Would you start referring to the person as him?

• Advertisement

You meet a women in a social setting,lets say a social club. you are then informed that she was once a man. Would you start referring to the person as him?

How exactly could I know with certainty that they were?

Oh, here's something for a bit of fun! did you know that womens index fingers are longer than their ring fingers, where men have shorter index fingers? male-to-female transsexuals also have longer index fingers just like women.

so guys, is your index finger longer than your ring finger? if so, you might be a transsexual. :)

How exactly could I know with certainty that they were?

Because you were reliably informed. If the person was born a man would you refer to that person as him?

Please provide this, and what you are defining as gender. I'm not convinced to date. I suspect, the definition, and the evidence cited are probably inadequate.

efb: I don't claim to be, but certainly I won't leap to conclusions unless I can be convinced that they are the case. I'm open to being convinced, but I am not yet. Therefore I won't pretend to be.

But you advised earlier you were very defines, what's on the birth cert, would full sight of a transgender's psychologist's notes sway you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭up for anything

TheZohan wrote: »
    You have your own forum. If anyone here has an interest in trangendered people we'll visit it and educate ourselves.

Ta.

Get back in your ghetto, give up your seat on the bus, get thee to a nunnery, get back in the kitchen.............. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I see this thread ending well. I now question why I sat up until 4.30 this morning. I can understand last nights BS, but another is like throwing petrol on a fire.

Intellectual Arguments and AH just don't go together. I agree with keeping such issues in the LGBT and let the masses come to us if they want an education, because these circular arguments and counter posts start to get alittle exhausting.

AH and many of it's threads reminds me of working in the US in a job that required a 100 iq point drop just to sit on a par with the people I worked with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Get back in your ghetto, give up your seat on the bus, get thee to a nunnery, get back in the kitchen.............. :(

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

ah, psychology! the 20th centurys equivalent of a good old fashioned leeching

I see this thread ending well. I now question why I sat up until 4.30 this morning. I can understand last nights BS, but another is like throwing petrol on a fire.

Intellectual Arguments and AH just don't go together. I agree with keeping such issues in the LGBT and let the masses come to us if they want an education, because these circular arguments and counter posts start to get alittle exhausting.

AH and many of it's threads reminds me of working in the US in a job that required a 100 iq point drop just to sit on a par with the people I worked with.

condescending much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Loving the tags LOL so true

your born what you are,everything else is just in your head:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement