Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Caravan cover - protecting windows

• 24-10-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm just about to buy a caravan cover & put the caravan away for the winter. After washing/polishing, I've heard that one should protect the windows with cling film or bubble wrap to prevent scratching. Anyone done this. After a Google, I found one post which said cling film could damage your windows - something to do with chemical reaction:confused:!.If I use bubble wrap, I could tape it on with duck tape but than may leave marks when removed next spring. Any suggestions. Has anyone done this?.

T.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If its under a cover, what can scratch them?

You could also duct tape the bubble wrap to the bubble wrap.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Apparently, the cover moving about in the wind causes the scratching.

I'm a bit lost here "You could also duct tape the bubble wrap to the bubble wrap....":confused:

T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you wrapped the bubble wrap around the window and tape it to itself, if you know what I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Why not use paper masking tape and tape some sheets of news paper to the windows then check them once and a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

Hi,

I was new to caravan storage for the Winter last year. I bought a caravan cover which fitted pretty snug over the caravan. I did not cover the windows with anything and found there to be no problem. From what I have read on other forums and my limited experience, it seems that if you have the right size cover for your caravan you will not get windows scratched.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
Advertisement