Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repairs

Options
  • 24-10-2010 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Could any one point in the direction of where i would get my laptop repaired in sligo,the screen has got a small crack and id say it would need a tune up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Go to the cafe beside Paddy Power on Market Street,the red one called I & E,ask for Kevin in the back. He repairs games consoles,laptops,computers,tv's and so on. I've used him before he knows what he's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

could also try compupac in finisklin.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

greetings wrote: »
    Go to the cafe beside Paddy Power on Market Street,the red one called I & E,ask for Kevin in the back. He repairs games consoles,laptops,computers,tv's and so on. I've used him before he knows what he's at.

would you have a contact number for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm afraid I don't sorry. If you're ever around town call in,he's quite quick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I would suggest you get a quote from Compupac and PC World first as you will then know a good price when you get one from the lads in the Cafe.

When you say crack on the screen I take it you mean a new screen, this can be more expensive to reapir than replace and also covered by home insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

sorry benny i miss worded thing's there no it would have to be a screen replacment since i posted the thread the crack has got alot worse,i dont know is that a big or a small job,but im sure it ill cost a few quid:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Try and ebay a screen for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Screens are expensive if you are getting a new one. As thundermuppet said maybe try ebay. Someone might be selling a second hand one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Is the crack on the case or the screen ? Get me the make and model of your laptop usually on the underside of it and I will give you an idea of the cost to rapair.
    I do a bit of evening PC repair jobs but try and stay away from screens but you can get lucky on EBay with parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

If it's too expensive you could always just by a second hand flatscreen monitor - provided you only use the laptop at home??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

LoL broken laptop screens must be all the rage these days. My sister in law just left hers in for me to fix as well...

Advertisement