Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood Bikini wax - Therapie any good?

Options
  • 24-10-2010 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

I just booked a hollywood bikini wax at the Therapie clinic on Molesworth street, D2. Wondering if anyone has been to them for waxing and if they did a good job? I am very anxious as it is my first Hollywood bikini wax and apart from worrying about the pain and the "baring it all in front of a stranger" aspect, I want to make sure I don't get butchered! I hear everyone here is recommending Brazillia but I already had a voucher for Therapie, which I wanted to use up.

Also, apart from popping a couple of Neurofen and not doing it before your period, could anyone else recommend any pain reducing tips (I am petrified):(.

I hear the hair has to be trimmed, could anyone recommend how long it needs to be? I usually shave it all off but have now been growing it for the last 4 weeks to get it waxed. Do I need to trim now? To what length?

Any tips or experiences with the salon would be much appreciated.

Thanks, M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickenchaser

To be honest, I find it less painful than a lip or bad eyebrow threading. It's over quick, try not to get too psyched up and try to relax. Tell the therapist if its hurting and if they can go slower, take smaller patches etc, they are there to make you relax and put you at ease.

Haven't tried that place but don't worry about baring it all. A place I went to covered me with a towel and just uncovered the area needed, inch by inch so you don't feel naked. Not going to recommend the last place I went to as I was butchered :eek: , so I'd advise to ask for a hand mirror to check yourself afterwards for missed bits/cuts/burns etc.

I'd say to try to trim it to a cm long or so, though some places will trim for you. Just try to read as many reviews as you can before going in! Hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Not going to recommend the last place I went to as I was butchered :eek:

Trying somewhere new for my waxing so would also like to know the places not to go! If you could pm the name of the place you wouldn't recommend that would be great.. shortening my list;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I go to Trish at Waxperts in Dun Laoghaire..it's worth the trek out there on the DART. She's got the lightest touch of the 3 girls there and is a sweetheart as well. Highly recommend her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

nemo32 wrote: »
    Trying somewhere new for my waxing so would also like to know the places not to go! If you could pm the name of the place you wouldn't recommend that would be great.. shortening my list;)

Cathy at www.affordablebeauty4u.ie is excellent. There's a couple of reviews of her on her if you do a search.

Advertisement