Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Dragon Belfast

• 24-10-2010 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all!
    Planning on going to belfast to white dragon tattoo to get my japanese sleeve done, been search for over a year a tattooist and came across chris crooks, amazing tattooist. Going to the studio in three weeks to book in. Was wondering in the mean time has anyone been tattooed in white dragon or by chris, and whats the waiting list like.
    Also have to get sterling so whats the pricing, not that the price is an issue, i would never sacrifice quality to save a few bucks.
    Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

He's booked up until June / July and is £100 per hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blockity_block

Woo that long, that sucks! The waiting begins......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

It'll deffo be worth the wait :D good luck man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blockity_block

Cheers guys, goin to head up to book in when i get back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

Hi everybody, a long time lurker here.

Does anybody know the current price per hour for White Dragon in Belfast ? I contacted them a few months ago and was asked to send on my details, which I did. Haven't heard anything since then, but given the waiting list, I am not really surprised. I am planning to get a fair bit of work done, but need time to save for this ( have family etc ... )

Thanks, and have a nice xmas !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

bonzo_k wrote: »
    Hi everybody, a long time lurker here.

Does anybody know the current price per hour for White Dragon in Belfast ? I contacted them a few months ago and was asked to send on my details, which I did. Haven't heard anything since then, but given the waiting list, I am not really surprised. I am planning to get a fair bit of work done, but need time to save for this ( have family etc ... )

Thanks, and have a nice xmas !

I don't know the price per hour but everybody I have spoken to says they payed top money. I'm guessing it's probably in around £100.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

when the guest artists were over a few months back they were charging 120 an hour so i suppose chris would charge around the same.he also has a 14month waiting list

when the guest artists were over a few months back they were charging 120 an hour so i suppose chris would charge around the same.he also has a 14month waiting list

was that 120 euro or sterling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

bonzo_k wrote: »
    I am planning to get a fair bit of work done, but need time to save for this ( have family etc ... )

You'll have about 2 years to wait so you'll be able to save for it no matter how much work you want done :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob goes to hol

Last time I was there it was £110 an hour, that was last May. But I think Chris was saying it was going to be £120 for new bookings, but can't be sure. You should just ring them, sound bunch up there.

brilliant . thanks everybody for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Worth every penny !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I think it is going up to £130 an hour this year, get in as soon as you can. It was £90 when I started 2 years ago, £110 for existing customers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I think it is going up to £130 an hour this year, get in as soon as you can. It was £90 when I started 2 years ago, £110 for existing customers now.

Its crazy really, now ive no problem spending money to get the tattoo I desire ask Remis hes destroying my bank account, but in a recession its must be the one thing thats continuing to go up in cost.

Chris lives the lifestyle, rides a harley, drives a mustang, travels the world and is in the process of buying a new house. You could begrudge him for it but I'm happy to see my money being spent like that for what he has given me. I'd be more sickened if I thought he was saving it all. He has people coming from all over the world to get work done now, just check out his facebook page, any photo he puts up gets over 500 likes within the first half hour.
    If you want Japanese work done book a date with him and start saving your money. If you get it done anywhere else in Ireland it will just look crap when put side by side with a piece done by Chris.
    I'm not being smart, condescending or insulting to other people or artists I'm just being honest. Chris has dedicated his life to large scale Japanese tattooing and is respected by other masters of that field. Once in a while someone really special comes along and in Ireland at this minute that someone special is Chris Crooks.

Its crazy really, now ive no problem spending money to get the tattoo I desire ask Remis hes destroying my bank account, but in a recession its must be the one thing thats continuing to go up in cost.

Everything has gone up in cost, VAT is now 23%.

tattooing prices are proportional to demand.

Nobody pays **** artists 120 sterling an hour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Dermighty wrote: »
    Everything has gone up in cost, VAT is now 23%.

tattooing prices are proportional to demand.

Nobody pays **** artists 120 sterling an hour...

I know was just saying ;), im paying 150 an hour for my current one sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mine worked out at 150 per hour with Ching when he was guesting up in White Dragon. It's something I had no issue with at all, especially considering what I got and how long i'll have it for.

Given that I own a tattoo studio, and have been collecting tattoos for over 20 years, I feel qualified to say that Chris Crooks is worth every penny... That does not mean that other artists will not do a good job for less money, but rather, that in his field, he is a leader. He has invested a fortune in his trade...he has been tattooed in Japan by the leading Japanese artists, he has studied with them and invested fortunes in travelling Japan honing his trade. If you want a cool Japanese tattoo there are many artists in Ireland that can help you. If you want a masterpiece, Chris Crooks is your man!

• Advertisement

405369_488058861207360_1457234962_n.jpg

The guy is an amazing artist to say the least

I would recommend anyone on this site who has a genuine interest in tattooing to check out the White Dragon facebook page. Just look at the quality of the work, it speaks for itself. i guarantee you will be amazed by it.
    https://www.facebook.com/whitedragontattoo?fref=ts

405369_488058861207360_1457234962_n.jpg

The guy is an amazing artist to say the least[/QU

AMAZING tattoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Chris crooks is the best tattoo artist on this island, bar NONE. And by a long ****ing chalk too. Pay the money and get something incredible forever.

Hard to believe that octopus is a cover up too!

He is really quick aswell. I was booked in for a 6 hour session to get my outline done but he had it finished in 4 hours, and he stopped for a sandwich in the middle of that. That was for a half back down to my knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I can vouch for the speed as well. While I was there with Ching a guy got his inner arm done, about 4 hours I think but it was a rather detailed kampala skull.

I have said before, but failing getting an appointment with Chris, getting in with the East Tattoo guys, and specifically Ching, is well worth your while.

Hard to believe that octopus is a cover up too!

What and where...thats the sign of an excellent coverup, even the trained eye cannot spot it !

Yeah, his artwork is pretty spectacular. I got a sleeve done about 15 years ago and said I never get tattooed again until I found the right artist and now I have !
    It coincides with my 40th year, and am looking to get my back and chest done.

The cost doesn't really bother me as I know the quality is top notch. I just need to know how much I have to save over the coming 12 to 14 months.

I haven't actually got an appointment yet, just a request from them to see the existing tattoos I have. Finger crossed I will get an appointment Feb or March 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

bubblebery wrote: »
    What and where...thats the sign of an excellent coverup, even the trained eye cannot spot it !

Instead of working around relatively new or still strong colour/black ink, Chris tattoos the parts to be coloured with white ink, then after headling actually does the tattoo.

Advertisement