Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazing parody of an MMA fighter being interviewed

• 24-10-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS IT GOIN' EVERYBODY BRYAN ALVAREZ HERE at figure four daily joined by STEW STEWERSON who's fighting in the dark match in march at the WEC show. I have to ask Stew, what goes through your head when you fight?"

"Oh well ya know, just like, ya know, I wanna win the fight bro."

"Interesting because I've ALWAYS wanted to know. How about that rumor I heard that you train strictly with STRESS RELIEVER BALLS~!"

"Yeah bro my training is great and I get a lot of help from my friends over at scrubfighternerds.us and they hook me up with all of my training needs over at scrubfighternerds.us. Scrubfighternerds.us "

"And what should we expect from your fight with SHAMUNGA OBLONGATA?"

"I'm going to fight him hard, bro"

"THAT'LL DO IT FOR TODAY EVERYBODY. Later on tonight we're going to be joined by TODD MARTIN~!~!~!~!~!~ to discuss MMA GLOVES~!~!~!~!"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's more of a parody of some of the less interesting shows that F4W do than anything to do with an MMA fighter. And it's not even that funny if you listen to F4W, which most people don't

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I don't think so no.

For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3zRhFlxJW0

Interview guy excitable chap, new world champion "We were ready for that"

They should probably study some pro wrestling promos and or some GAA final winning speeches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They can't all be Chael Sonnen pre-drugs failure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

you don't get MMA pingi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Cain's just not a charismatic guy. There's a reason on the Primetime shows they had his three trainers talk a lot more than him. There are plenty of MMA fighters who do better promos than pro wrestlers or GAA final winners

For every Velasquez there's a Diaz, for every Shields there's a Sonnen, for every Mike Brown there's a Urijah Faber, Clay Guida, Frank Shamrock, Josh Koscheck, Jason Miller, Frank Mir, etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

To be fair Pingers not every fight is a main event featuring charismatic and interesting guys. Some guys are just good wrestlers with no personality.

2j3fk84.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

^

?

you don't get MMA pingi

Look at yer man and he thinks he's Rovert ^^^

To be fair Pingers not every fight is a main event featuring charismatic and interesting guys. Some guys are just good wrestlers with no personality.

The majority of MMA guys have nothing useful to say in interviews.

It adds nothing just take away from it really.

They should either teach them how to give interviews or not bother IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Pingi wrote: »
    Look at yer man and he thinks he's Rovert ^^^

do not take the lord's name in vain. post reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Its not a fighters job to be charismatic? Does it help them climb the ladder? Yes.
    But only if they are able to do the business in the cage.
    Fighter Fight.
    Promoter promote.
    Pro wrestlers act.
    Leave everyone to their own forte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

do not take the lord's name in vain. post reported.

Free the MMA 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Who is this Pingi chap and what has this ball*cks got to do with anything?

Particular fighters aren't good at interviews? So what?

I hear some footballers ain't good at fishing, why not start a thread about that in the Soccer forum? it will be about as relevant as this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cbenson

MrStuffins wrote: »

I hear some footballers ain't good at fishing, why not start a thread about that in the Soccer forum? it will be about as relevant as this!

Excellent!!
    Perhaps fishing lessons are very expensive, hence the need for the exorbitant salaries.

MrStuffins wrote: »

The first line of your post was very rude and offensive so I have reported it. Attack the post not the poster is the rule on the PW board at least, not sure how you do it here I'll leave that for the section moderators.

It was a parody as in meant to be a light hearted play on boring interviews MMA fighters,

But my feeling towards my later post are from the feeling of if a guy doesn't seem to care about his fight why should I care about it.

I don't watch football,

Also not a "chap" as you put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I am fairly annoyed at having to read through this thread in its entirety. I dont see how it adds anything to the MMA forum, and it will likely lead to further aggravation, so consider it locked.

Also, watch it with the personal comments people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement