Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stuck front derailleur

• 24-10-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, just back from a glorious wicklow spin and gave my bike a good clean. Just at the end was shifting through the gears to grease the cogs when I found the front shifter wouldn't move down to the small ring. There was nothing untowards during my spin, so can only surmise I've poked something vital during the cleaning.
    The gears are shimano 105. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Check the cable isn't too slack - When it's on the small shifter there should be just a tiny bit of slack - or have you turned the adjusting screws during vigorous cleaning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

simply follow your cable from mech to lever. Sounds like it is trapped somewhere. If you dont spot anything release the cable from the mech and the mech SHOULD drop down and then reset it.
    Can you move the mech my hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Sounds like you have locked it against the high stop screw by pressing on the A lever too many times. First applly a little more pressure on the B lever (the short one) that usually releases it. If not slacken off the cable temporarily by turning the barrel adjuster or high stop screw a couple of turns and the B lever should now work OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Ta, just needed a bit of courage to push the B lever that bit harder and it's back in working order.

Advertisement