Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is the cisco epc2425 capable of 802.11 technology?

• 24-10-2010 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I have UPCs standard wireless modem and am thinking of getting the Xbox 360 wireless adapter. The adapter only acceps 802.11nn, is the Cisco modem capable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

CorkMan wrote: »
    I have UPCs standard wireless modem and am thinking of getting the Xbox 360 wireless adapter. The adapter only acceps 802.11nn, is the Cisco modem capable?
    That's not true. The adapter supports 802.11a/b/g/n, so will work with that modem.

You may be thinking of the new Slim Xbox, which has an internal 802.11n only card. But seeing as you are buying an adapter, it is definitely the 802.11a/b/g/n version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wireless-Network-Adaptor/dp/B002NPCDH8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1287941502&sr=1-1

Is this the adapter you are talking about? I only got the 802.11nn quote from the 3rd review in this link, I don't know much about the technicalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Read the product description. From that very page that you linked to:
    The Wireless N Networking Adapter provides increased speed, coverage and reliability, and features a high-performance design with two external antennas that works great with 802.11a/b/g and n connections.

Advertisement