Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

locations help wanted

Options
  • 24-10-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

how do i save/transfer a location from google maps or street view onto my garmin satellite navigation systym ?
    i,ve clicked on more & send but all im getting is email & phone.
    any help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nikon1000

Zoom in to the location you want to use, right click on it, select option "What's here?", the coordinates of the location will appear in the Google Maps search box.
    On your Garmin, select "Where To?", and "Coordinates", enter the coordinates and save as a favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

coolvale wrote: »
    how do i save/transfer a location from google maps or street view onto my garmin satellite navigation systym ?
    i,ve clicked on more & send but all im getting is email & phone.
    any help please.

You need to install Garmin Communicator plugin see:

http://my.garmin.com/locate/google-sendtoGPSHelp.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

IrlJidel wrote: »
    You need to install Garmin Communicator plugin see:

http://my.garmin.com/locate/google-sendtoGPSHelp.htm

For some bizarre reason I've never got this to work in Ireland, but it works fine in the UK, the US and other European countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

nikon1000 wrote: »
    Zoom in to the location you want to use, right click on it, select option "What's here?", the coordinates of the location will appear in the Google Maps search box.
    On your Garmin, select "Where To?", and "Coordinates", enter the coordinates and save as a favourite.

thanks for that.
    my problem is when i click on send on ireland maps gps wont show.
    its ok on uk maps.
    i have been onto garmin they say it is a google problem.
    how do i contact google ?

i have contacted google re the problem with the irish maps.
    i am waiting for their reply.

• Advertisement

i am still waiting to hear from google.

Advertisement