Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Booths - Dublin

• 24-10-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi guys, hope this is a suitable place to ask this. I'm looking for anywhere that has a Photo Booth, the ones where you get passport photos done. I haven't seen one in ages, it all seems to be Chemist passport photos done these days. Does anyone know where there are still Photo Booths left? In North Dublin/City Centre preferably, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

There's one near the multistory carpark enterance in Blanchardstown. One near the MacDonalds in the Ilac and another on the top floor of the Stephens Green Shopping Centre - but that might not still be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Passport office; Molesworth street.

I also think there's one in the Jervis Centre - upper levels on route to the car parks (bad memory here though so you could ask at the reception desk).

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Also one in Pavillions in Swords. And one in Clare Hall, handy that one cause it's open 24hrs. Helped me out once or twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

The motor tax office in Smithfield, Dublin City Centre has one (open mon -fri 9.30 -3.30)

Also one in Nutgrove Shopping Centre in Rathfarnham I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

one in the swan centre in rathmines! top of the stairs from the car park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

tororosso wrote: »
    The motor tax office in Smithfield, Dublin City Centre has one (open mon -fri 9.30 -3.30)

Also one in Nutgrove Shopping Centre in Rathfarnham I believe!

Nutgrove has 3, there's one by the toilets, one in Tesco and one in Dunne's. If you're just looking to get passport photos done I'd avoid those tbh, they're not great quality and often don't comply with Passport office requirements. You'd be better going into the chemist and getting them done. Not a plug, I work in Unicare in Nutgrove, I just see hundreds from those kiosks that are totally useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

There is one in the Square in Tallght, on the bottom floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Just a pointer to say

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

if these are photos for an actual passport then please be excruciatingly careful that they meet the requirements printed on the form and will look good when converted to black and white. They have tightened up the requirements considerably in recent times. You are probably better off going to someone who will take the pic. for you and process them correctly.

Just my 2c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Just a pointer to say

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

if these are photos for an actual passport then please be excruciatingly careful that they meet the requirements printed on the form and will look good when converted to black and white. They have tightened up the requirements considerably in recent times. You are probably better off going to someone who will take the pic. for you and process them correctly.

Just my 2c

Just a pointer on your pointer to say that I got Passport photos done in my local chemist which I brought to the passport office when renewing, only to be told that the pictures were not of the right standard.

So be EXTRA EXRUCIATINGLY CAREFUL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

OREGATO wrote: »
    Just a pointer on your pointer to say that I got Passport photos done in my local chemist which I brought to the passport office when renewing, only to be told that the pictures were not of the right standard.

So be EXTRA EXRUCIATINGLY CAREFUL

The chemist will probably take them for you again for free, which is more than can be said for the booth...

• Advertisement
Advertisement