Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hard Drive Trouble

• 24-10-2010 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I recently damaged my hard drive (Call of duty's fault) and now every time i try go into multiplayer on MW2 a message comes up saying "disc unreadable"

The disc itself is fine, tried it on another xbox and there's no probs, however i put my hard drive in a diff xbox with another copy of MW2 and the same problem occured,

I'm 9 ranks away from 10th prestige on MW2 and i'm not getting a new hard drive to have to start again.

Is there a way to transfer my data from my broke hard drive to another as my data still seems to be saved on the damaged drive

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

yea you could get a data transfer cable for xbox on ebay for bout 5euro, but before you do that did you save the game to your harddrive using the y button?, because if you did i think that will be the problem, you will have to delete the game from the hdd first, and then try playing the game using the disk, because it will only read permissions on the disk and then go to hdd for the game which you think is broke so delete first then try the disk. if that works you can reinstall game to hdd.

ps. dont delete you game saves, just delete the game.

pps. to delete the game from hdd press y on mw2 on my xbox and choose uninstall from harddrive.

ppps. if you do have to get another hdd you can just recover your gamertag from xbox live and like magic 9 levels from 10th prestige.

hope this helps;) johnjoe (xbox live gt: weetadedwaskal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RBR

Hey,

I deleted the game from my hdd and tried the disc but it stills comes up saying disc unreadable, i then tried my bro's MW2 disc and same error, i seen the transfer cable in game so i'll prob get dat and try get a new hdd before black ops,

Cheers

Advertisement