Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gap Year

• 24-10-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

I'm considering taking a gap year next year and going abroad for some (most of it). Although I have a Saturday job, I won't have enough money to treat the gap like a holiday so I'm trying to plan what to do with the year.

I also need ideas about what to do..?

I was thinking of working my ass off from July 2011-December 2011 and saving a good bit of money up. Then in January I was planning on Au Pairing in France for 3 months followed by a 3-6 month 'mini' world tour, involving some volunteering and 'finding myself' (yes that sounds very silly but you get the idea?)

Any body have experience on taking a gap year or is anyone planning one? Anybody know of group tours I could go on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

I'm 17 and I'm planning a gap year right now too. I'm going to be doing volunteer work in either Costa Rica or Jamaica (maybe both if I really like the first one I do) and then I'm going on a 8 week long trip around the U.S starting in New York. Then I'm doing work experience with a music manager and marketer who has 1 really big name signed to him.
    It's not to late to start planning it, but you would want to have everything booked by April or May 2011 just to make sure you have time to get your money and dates together.
    If your looking for some ideas you could try get work experience planned like me in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia or somewhere that speaks English. Foreign work experience is always good for your C.V and if your applying for college outside of Ireland it's good for you application :]

Advertisement