Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Jtaggable Xbox 360s

• 24-10-2010 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Xtravision is holding a clearance sale in the conference area of the Green Isle Hotel in Clondalkin, they have stacks of jtaggable Xbox 360s. I bought an Arcade for 99euro with 2.7xxx dashboard and Halo 3 Edition for 130euro with 2.5xxx dashboard. As far as I know it opens again tomorrow 12am to 6pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yes, but are they Jaspers? :D Also, what time did you leave at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Yes indeed is a jasper motherboard go for the arcade that comes with the sonic game, I believe the halo edition is a zephyr motherboard but I might by wrong. I left at about 4.30 but there was still plenty of stock and I've heard a truck is offloading more there tomorrow :)

This is going to cost me a fortune :P

This is going to cost me a fortune :P

Cant go wrong 99euro for reliable jaspers definitely worth it

I'll be jtagging it tomorrow I will report the cb version to see if those jaspers are exploitable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

whats the manufacture date on Jasper?

Mfr date is 2009 04 15

They're JTAGable so ;)

I'm heading there tomorrow so ;)

Forgot to mention they are the 256mb models with no hd in green boxes with sonic on the box

• Advertisement

yep I know them well ;) jtagged around 10 of them.

Any tips for soldering to the db1f1 point on motherboard, it's so small

justryan wrote: »
    Any tips for soldering to the db1f1 point on motherboard, it's so small

Use flux. Heat up the point with a well-tinned and pointed tip, add solder to the other half of the point, remove iron ;)

@docentore: See ya there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Justryan, did you notice if they had any DSi XL's there? Or even DSi's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If anyone wants to grab me one I'll reward them hansomely!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hmm, only see this now. the hotel is a few mins drive from me. may pick one up alright..
    does anyone know if the accept creditcards or is it cash only?
    witnessmenow would you like me to get you one if they're still there?
    will I just look for the sonic xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

They accept cc according to posts from balerts yesterday

Willing to pay 30 e if someone could pick me up arcade please??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What area do you live in?
    Is there a limit per person on getting them?

I'll pick up If you want.. Not sure on limit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yeah any of the sega tennis arcade ones are a jtagable jaspers.

I was willing to pay tesco €150 for one on saturday so if anyone picks me up one I'll pay the same to them.

right well I'm going to get Rafloution & witnessmenow xboxs while I'm there.
    can the two of you maybe pm me your numbers please?
    If the que is out the door I am not sure if I am gonna bother waiting so i can text you to update this topic if anyone else is going.

Well if you go Lenny would you mind having a quick gander for any DSi XL's please? I'll get yo to pick up one for me & sort you out with some blood money if so :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well if you go Lenny would you mind having a quick gander for any DSi XL's please? I'll get yo to pick up one for me & sort you out with some blood money if so :D

I'll have a gander its bank holiday money were do yis think I'll have all this money from?!

Lenny wrote: »
    I'll have a gander its bank holiday money were do yis think I'll have all this money from?!

The impending profit your about to capitalise on :D We all know what Tallaght folk get up to anyway, your loaded I'd say :pac::pac:

I was only there for the xboxs but they had psps and nintendo ds too

I was only there for the xboxs but they did have psp and nintendo ds :)

justryan wrote: »
    I was only there for the xboxs but they did have psp and nintendo ds :)

Well its the DSi XL I'm after unfortunately, Santa Clause has been given a specific request there :rolleyes::D

It's xtravisions stock so anything you've seen in the shops is probably up for grabs there

• Advertisement

By the time ye were all posting on this I was eating breakfast in the hotel :P

I picked up 3, but think I might have got chatting to Lenny while there, though I didn't know it was you hunting for the JTAGable ones - if it was you then you should have told me you were looking for one for a few friends and I'd probably have guessed it was a fellow boardsie :D

Anyways, the story is I picked up 3 consoles. One was Sega Tennis, my friend got a Sega Tennis too. They were the only two ones in there because I was almost first in the door and the first to the xbox 360 pallet. Both are dated June 10th, 2009. The other two I picked up are dated June 16th 2009. They should be ok because I got a refurb from the service center on the 18th of June and it had a good CB version. But I'll let you know later this evening or tomorrow once I check them out. I'd be willing to part with two of them anyways, might keep the 3rd one for myself - I have a hoarding problem :o

I didn't see any DSi/or NDS stuff at all, but I did see some Wii accessories. Apparently the Wii's sold out yesterday so there were none today. I grabbed a PS3 fat 80GB for €200 after searching around for a backwards compatible fat for a little while :P

Advertisement