Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Jtaggable Xbox 360s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So with the RJ45 gone, how does the reader interface with the mobo? Is it a little pcb that goes onto the board, & from there you plug in the reader?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You can solder straight to the pads on the board from the pin headers on the reader with wire. You only have to do it once because you can use Xell for everything else ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Afraid not, and I won't get a chance to do so until tomorrow when I get my USB nand reader. I think June 18th was the cut-off point and anything after has an updated CB

Ok, I've ordered the usb reader that you linked, take it is coming from the us so it'll be a good few days. do they put the value on the outside, is there a chance it may be held at customs for the value?
    Keep me posted on your update mate
    Rafloution wrote: »
    Lenny thanks for offer earlier sorry for the messing about. I flew up around 5pm still loads left all the arcades were 06/09 date. There were a few world cup ones 2006 I was tempted but i saw a jasper 60gb feb 09 date so I bought that.

Off to modding services to see who can help!

No probs man, I just didn't want to go and buy 3 xboxes to be stuck with them, you sounded a bit iffy on the phone earlier thats why I was asking if you wanted to risk it too

Lenny wrote: »
    Ok, I've ordered the usb reader that you linked, take it is coming from the us so it'll be a good few days. do they put the value on the outside, is there a chance it may be held at customs for the value?
    Keep me posted on your update mate

Very little chance they'll stop it. I think it comes in under €22? If not then there's a small chance :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

na the total for it was €29.90 for the unit & also the "NAND Flasher read/write solderless addon"
    I ordered a battery for the laptop and it got caught last week. it came through at €39.99.
    An what makes it even worse was the customs declaration on it said it was worth $6, with no invoice in the box... i should have lied :p

• Advertisement

Awwwwwww YEAH

33w1isp.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Excellent TV my cb version was the same

Yup, so June 16th 2009 consoles appear to be good for JTAGing, as do June 18th 2009 ones. The first one I know of in June that cant was June 30th. It's still a risk, so I still recommend earlier consoles but it's good to know it paid off for me this time :)

I am wondering if Xtravision has taken back the remaining stock to the shops, I'll ring around and see if they have any arcades

Rang Xtravision head office, all of there Xboxs have sold out apparently :(

• Advertisement

justryan wrote: »
    Rang Xtravision head office, all of there Xboxs have sold out apparently :(

I'm not surprised to be honest. €99.99 and €129.99 are bargain prices. You can't even get a Wii for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

guys i have an old xbox 360. where can i find out if its made pre may '09?

is it the "service date" on the back of it which im looking for?

Your looking for mfr date it's above the power connector on the back of the console can you power it on to confirm the dashboard version?

It can actualy been ok if it was made in june 09 too,
    first thing though has it been on LIVE recently

Service date implies it went back to Microsoft for repair. I have a JTAG here with a service date of July 28th 2009. Service dates are a hit & miss, you could get lucky but any time in August 2009 or after and it's definitely got the updated bootloader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Any potentially Jtaggable xboxs about in Dublin? I have been following peeps jtag exploits and obv I have missed the latest 2 batches in Tescos and from Xtravision. It's something I'd like to do just for the ****s and giggles. I have an exploited wii, an exploited psp, an exploited PS3, a couple of watercooled PC's I made myself, this feels like the right area for mah next project :) and my soldering skills have come on leaps and bounds recently, thats what put me off of jtagging my xbox when the exploit came out all that time ago, plus the new baby is 6mths old now so i should have time for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Inquitus wrote: »
    Any potentially Jtaggable xboxs about in Dublin? I have been following peeps jtag exploits and obv I have missed the latest 2 batches in Tescos and from Xtravision. It's something I'd like to do just for the ****s and giggles. I have an exploited wii, an exploited psp, an exploited PS3, a couple of watercooled PC's I made myself, this feels like the right area for mah next project :) and my soldering skills have come on leaps and bounds recently, thats what put me off of jtagging my xbox when the exploit came out all that time ago, plus the new baby is 6mths old now so i should have time for it.

are all xboxs gone from clarehall tesco? they had plenty of different ones on stock, not necessarily Jasper's but some falcons. they might not have them on shelves but plenty in back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Can you get to Nass? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056076048

I guess all of the other tescos stock probably went here

Tesco Maynooth had no original Xbox 360s of any kind apparently

Guess who's heading to Naas tomorrow? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Jesus TV, are you building a fort out of jtaggable xboxs or something!?

• Advertisement

This playstation three doesn't pay for itself wmn, if only :p

Also, the thoughts some mother will buy their kid an xbox, and he'll update it and kill yet another JTAG console makes me sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Why doesnt my local tesco have any xboxes :(:( ill never get my hands on a jtaggable box without paying a small fortune

This playstation three doesn't pay for itself wmn, if only :p

Also, the thoughts some mother will buy their kid an xbox, and he'll update it and kill yet another JTAG console makes me sad :(

If I go up after work, do you reckon they'll be any left by 7pm? please

The store opened at 8am. I got there around 9:30am and there was around 15 on the shelf. Walk in the door, straight down the wide aisle towards the electrical goods section. Keep your eye out for them, they're in an aisle to the right with a nice fancy €99.99 sign in front of them.

I have no idea if there are more of them there, I grabbed 4 :P Turns out I know a guy working in the Electronics/Hardware section though, so I could ask him to keep an eye out if there are none left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

TV is a jtag junkie.

Turns out I know a guy working in the Electronics/Hardware section though, so I could ask him to keep an eye out if there are none left.

If you could get an indication of if any are left around 5pm ish that would be great, thanks.

I don't have his number I'm afraid, and he'd be off work at 4pm anyways. You could always ring and ask to speak to somebody in the Electrical/Hardware department and ask them. Asking the customer service people will probably get you a "I think so" answer which wouldn't be helpful.

I don't have his number I'm afraid, and he'd be off work at 4pm anyways. You could always ring and ask to speak to somebody in the Electrical/Hardware department and ask them. Asking the customer service people will probably get you a "I think so" answer which wouldn't be helpful.

Cheers, I wouldn't mind but its a bloody long way to Naas :)

If you want one of my four you're more than welcome. Another guy on here is taking one off my hands and iMuse was rather despairing up there, so I'll let him (her?) decide if they want console #3.

I hardly picked up four of them for myself now. Share the JTAG goodness :D

• Advertisement

If you want one of my four you're more than welcome. Another guy on here is taking one off my hands and iMuse was rather despairing up there, so I'll let him (her?) decide if they want console #3.

I hardly picked up four of them for myself now. Share the JTAG goodness :D

I'd be most grateful if i could have one, tnx a mil.

Advertisement