Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beaumont Hospital - Help

Options
  • 24-10-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Coming from limerick and need to get to beaumont hospital got up there last week and when on the m50 passed out the sliproad and had to go over and back the toll 4 times was a nightmare:mad:

So we got directions from taken the slip road signposted ballymun but took us ages, but finally when we got to the hospital we heard that we could have gone further and taken another way which would have been easier think coolock was mentioned.

Any help would be great, going on tuesday!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Nchd2010

Continue on m50 to end, exiting for malahide, on N32. Straight on to end of road, Hilton Darndale on left, Tesco/ Total fitness in front. Take a right here, onto Malahide road.

Straight on Malahide road, you see UCI cinema on your left, continue through traffic lights, then take a right at the next set, and Cadbury's will be on your right.

Straight on here, past Garda station, until you see Northside shopping centre, which will be on your right. Take the kind of slip road to the left, and then take the second right, at the traffic lights.

Finally, the third left on this road will bring you in to the back of beaumont.

There may well be an easier way to describe, but I found this the quickest.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I have an easier way to get there, I grew up driving there so I know my stuff.
    Come off the M50 at the M1 exit heading for Dublin, its the one after the Ballymun exit you took. You have to go around a big roundabout now and get into the correct lane for the city centre (not the Port Tunnel).

Then just drive straight until you see the first set of traffic lights (Whitehall Church on your left), and take the left turn at these lights.
    Then down the road a bit and at the next set of traffic lights turn left again.

You will pass Beaumont Hospital about 400 metres down the road on your lefthand side.
    If you go past it the first time just do a U-turn in some estate and head back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

TheUsual wrote: »
    ou have to go around a big roundabout now

That's no longer accurate actually, there's a slip road to the left just before the roundabout to get to the city centre (thus avoiding the roundabout and the traffic that goes with it). After Ballymun, stay in the left lane. When it breaks out into 4 lanes, make sure you are in second from the left, and you'll be grand.

Rest of the directions are bang on though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

i think these are the best:
    http://goo.gl/maps/02od

TheUsual's are hard to get wrong (N1, turn left onto Collins Ave, left onto Beaumont Road, continue until you get to the hospital) but you're looping back on yourself a lot

Advertisement