Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Euro Sale Plantagen

• 24-10-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Was in Plantagen, Malahide yesterday. (Used to be called something else, cant remember now!)
    Anyway, at the back, near the pots, was a wholebunch of plants marked down for 1 euro.
    Strawberry plants, single and a 6 pack of plants
    Hostas
    Chinese Lantern plants
    Geranium (Outdoor type)
    Assorted rock plants like Lobia etc
    Carpet rose's
    Fuji Cherry

Lots more, but cant remember

Basically a lot of herbaceous plants that will come back nicely.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thats very bad minded of you to post something like that when I live at the other end of the country!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Plantagen in Malahide now closed and possibly for good too.

http://www.independent.ie/business/i...-29540993.html

Rummors of old owner Bryan Maher buying it back and opening it up again in the future.

http://www.hortitrends.com/landscape-news/15368-plantagen-to-close-doors-in-malahide

We drove by it yesterday and the entire place is completely empty and also now locked up.

Hope to see it re-opened and revamped sooner rather than later.:)

Howth Garden Centre and also Kinsealy Garden Centre will most probably pick up more customers from the unfortunate closure of Plantagen Malahide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I was up there last week as I heard they wetre closing down. Spoke to one of the lads and he said they will be reopening on the October bank holiday as a private garden centre. It's just that plantegen are moving out. Good news.

redser7 wrote: »
    I was up there last week as I heard they wetre closing down. Spoke to one of the lads and he said they will be reopening on the October bank holiday as a private garden centre. It's just that plantegen are moving out. Good news.

We heard that Bryan Maher (previous owner before Plantagen) is buying it back and reopening it as a garden centre and cafe.

Supposedly late october/early november is re-opening time.

Hope it all works out.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement