Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet or Vodafone in Clare

• 25-10-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for advice from people who've had experience with Magnet or Vodafone broadband in the Clare area.

My parents live about 3 miles from Ennis town and have been on Perlico for the last 2 years. Recently, however, there has been a lot of trouble with the connection - frequent unscheduled downtime (always Eircoms fault, according to Perlico reps) and what seems to be rapidly deteriorating connection quality. Testing on speedtest.net shows speeds of anything from .05mbs to 1.8mbs (the line is 2MB, so 1.8 is about max) in tests as little as 5 minutes apart and anyone on the wireless frequently gets disconnected. I've done endless trouble shooting and have determined that all the hardware is fine - the line itself seems to be the problem.

As it has started to effect my mothers home business, we've decided to switch to a new provider as soon as possible - Perlico seems to have no interest, or perhaps ability, to sort our connection out. After previous bad experiences with Eircom (frankly awful customer service and more than one instance of gross overcharging), I've narrowed it down to Magnet and Vodafone, both of who's line checkers claim we can receive their highspeed services. So, who would you recommend?

(By the way, phone service is rather a mute point - we will be getting a talk deal, but the lowest possible as we rarely use the house phone).

Advertisement