Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Nikon d70 & d 80 sensors cleaned

• 25-10-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a place around Dublin to get this done at a reasonable price.

If there is a thread on this already -sorry.

Maybe just give the link?

keps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

keps wrote: »
    Does anyone know a place around Dublin to get this done at a reasonable price.

If there is a thread on this already -sorry.

Maybe just give the link?

keps

http://www.dml.ie/
    Look on this site, righthand side of page .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

pixbyjohn wrote: »

I thought that was to good to be true
    - unfortunately they seem to have closed that free sensor cleaning icon/link.

So it's back to the drawing board!

thanks anyway John

thanks anyway John

Some of the links are down on that site but just ring them and you will be pleasantly surprised. I have used them in the past and they are very friendly and helpful and have cleaned my D80 sensors completely free.

"ask and thou will receive"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I clean the D70 myself using those sticky pad things, can;t remember the brand name - I can look it up for you if you're brave :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Hugh_C wrote: »
    I clean the D70 myself using those sticky pad things, can;t remember the brand name - I can look it up for you if you're brave :)

I bought them too but chickened out -not for me I'm afraid!

:eek:

• Advertisement

Really its not rocket science. A fully charged battery is a must to start off with. Then a steady hand. Once you do it once you will wonder why you have been afraid to clean it yourself.
    Maybe its a project for the future where a few boards.ie members get together and have a sensor cleaning hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Really its not rocket science. A fully charged battery is a must to start off with. Then a steady hand. Once you do it once you will wonder why you have been afraid to clean it yourself.
    Maybe its a project for the future where a few boards.ie members get together and have a sensor cleaning hour.

I think that would be a great idea, people could show the different methods and demonstate how to complete the procedure and beforehand a little theory lesson on the procedure, things to be careful of, what to do with stubborn pieces of dust/pollen and correct technique etc...

Also, perhaps we could get people to pay a certain fee that would cover the cost of buying a bulb blower (giottos rocket blower would probably be best) and swabs+eclipse or another cleaning liquid or an alternative method of cleaning so all people would have to do would be pay the fee, bring their camera and recieve the necessary tools when arriving to make it simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

They sell sensor cleaning kits that include the swabs and the fluid at very reasonable prices and they sell the same ones their techs use for cleaning their own equipment. (They're a Canon pro, Hasselblad and Phase One dealer... and they carry lots of other stuff that'll work with other gear of course.)
    They did clean my sensors for free. They seems like good guys, and they appear knowledgeable as well.
    (and I want to get one of their dusting doohickeys from "visible dust".. nice kit.)

thanks anyway John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I shiver just thinking about it... :(
    My Pentax K-x sensor badly needs cleaning, I've been lurking at the cleaning kits, and am terrified to try.

I'm in South East (near Waterford and Cork), so if anyone knows of a handy place to have it done not too far, that will be a huge load off my mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,392 ✭✭✭✭phog

I asked a similar question recently and DML were recommended, I called there and they did the job and showed me how to do it myself in future, was very impressed with there service.

Advertisement