Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the worst bus in dublin

Options
  • 25-10-2010 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

i was wondering which bus everyone would consider the worse bus in dublin, with me choosing the 78A, with the famous saying ''back the A'' its a kip of a bus, runs through numerous kips ballyer, clondalkin, inchicore, thomas st, but when you go through clondalkin with all them lads waiting on a field with a bag of bottles to throw is a really bad experience, then with the junkies down the back asking you to show them your runners while they smoke herion is nasty, i hate the 78A it should be put down, i pity the bus drivers and our harmless everyday commuters who just want to get to B from A without the hassle

is there a worse bus i heard the 77 is bad but from what i no this bus is awful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Vengabus is shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the 17a and the 114 are the worst buses in the sense that they are so unreliable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

from palmerstown meself so use d 78a and i agree i dont even bother goin upstairs anymore 1 time i was on em way home from liffey valley cudn be arsed walking in the rain so got d bus.was on the top deck then on the fonthill road a bunch of knackers got on the bus went upstairs about 5 mins later a load a screams started up behind me. der was already another group of knackers on the bus and them 2 groups didnt see eye to eye and war erupted with 2 groups of lads kicking the **** out of each other prob for something as stupid as dey didnt like the look of each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Got the 78A every day for two years.
    Fine in the mornings.

Hell in the evenings and I was only going to Ballyer. Glad I didn't have to go further

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

78a by far is the worst bus I've ever been on. I avoid like the plague and get on the 79's.
    The Neanderthal's who live in D22 (apologies to any of you decent Clondalkinites who frequent these boards ;)) are much much worse then the folks who live in D10.
    All major incidents I have wittnessed on the 78 a have occured between Cherry Orchard and Liffey valley!!!!

A friend of mine drives the 77 and had a knife wielding lunatic upstairs at the end of his route one night. Had to stay locked in his cab till the Gardai arrived!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

the 17a and the 114 are the worst buses in the sense that they are so unreliable

I don't get this. I take the 17a twice a day, five to six days a week and never have any problems. Every morning I use it to connect to the same express bus and it never let's me down.

It could all change in a week when it gets changed to go through Beaumont and Blanch though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 milkybar kid wk

another time i was coming home from town on the 78A and around 6 lads from town wore going to liffey valley and wore running a muck on the bus saying there gonna rob liffey valley blind and abusing passengers, then passing through ballyer and 3 lads got on at cherry orchard and they clashed with the town lads, out numbered they ignored the townies but then heading through neilstown, next of all about 8-10 lads get on and knew one of the lads from ballyer and the bus erupted onto the neilstown road with all the lads from town being kicked down the road now i did feel sorry for them but they did ask for it, only for the guards arrived i could say one of them would have been left in a bad state, the place is going mad south to north, dublin has gone to the dogs and they are all getting the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

dublin has gone to the dogs and they are all getting the bus

Not alone are they all getting the bus..........but a huge amount of these doggie lowlifes are getting the bus for FREE on their invalidity bus passes!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Get the 78a from town to the Fonthill road twice a day pretty frequently and there's rarely any hassle tbh, the bus is disgusting and full of smelly junkies but nothing really 'goes down' so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just stay downstairs and you're fine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

In terms of reliability the 114 is the worst I've ever experienced, it's basically non-existent. They might as well axe the route, I don't know a single person who depends on it for their transport, it's simply too unreliable, there could be a 2 hour gap in services.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The 121 and 122 are pretty shíte too tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RedDevil1878

78a also 39.. 78a everytime ders a few "mad heads" on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

mrDerek wrote: »
    from palmerstown meself so use d 78a and i agree i dont even bother goin upstairs anymore 1 time i was on em way home from liffey valley cudn be arsed walking in the rain so got d bus.was on the top deck then on the fonthill road a bunch of knackers got on the bus went upstairs about 5 mins later a load a screams started up behind me. der was already another group of knackers on the bus and them 2 groups didnt see eye to eye and war erupted with 2 groups of lads kicking the **** out of each other prob for something as stupid as dey didnt like the look of each other.
    ive always wondered what happens when two scumbag groups collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Keptic

40D via Finglas from what I can remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

OisinT wrote: »
    The 121 and 122 are pretty shíte too tbh.

Completely disagree with this.

Both the 121 and the 122 are VERY reliable buses. Especially the 121 which i used to take almost every day.

As much as i like to ive out about the buses, the 121 is actually one i'd never give out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

17A in the mornings are grand, by 5pm, they usually come in twos and threes. 40D was is very unreliable as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

17 is the worst by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

The ghost bus is crap these days, it's just not that scary anymore.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The 78A will soon be consigned to the history books as the route is being merged with the 40 and will be known as the 40.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I remember the 18 being shocking in the morning time. Countless times two fo them would arrive at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Keptic wrote: »

The 40D is normally fine, you only get dodgy characters on it if leaves before any of the other 40s. But if you're talking about it in terms of unreliability, it used to be the pits alright, not sure what it's like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The 40D is normally fine, you only get dodgy characters on it if leaves before any of the other 40s. But if you're talking about it in terms of unreliability, it used to be the pits alright, not sure what it's like now.

Ah the 40D. The bus that looks like the 400.

Worse is the 140 always think it's a new route the 14D cos I get 14/A in the mornings.

You get the odd mental case or junkie on the 10/46A as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Keptic wrote: »

Only problem with that bus it can take ages to get from tyrellstown..almost never get anybody smoking upstairs anymore and i've never seen a scrap or any trouble on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The 78A will soon be consigned to the history books as the route is being merged with the 40 and will be known as the 40.
    Which sucks because it's completely fcuking bypassing my entire area now :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The 78A is genuinely the worst. As a frequent upstairs user of the 77 or even the 51B/C or 76s, the 78A is in a class of its own..

Or a late 10 from Belfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Trouble on buses is overrated. I think some people classify a bus as dodgy because there are lads in tracksuits on it even if they don;t cause trouble. Got the Finglas buses (40) a lot when I lived there for a spell and always found them quiet enough.

The one I seen most trouble on is the 77 and in terms of mad people, the red line Luas beats any bus I've been on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Last time I was on the 77, a few gents were smoking heroin off tin foil and doing nothing to hide their hobby. When they stood up to disembarke, I could clearly see that 2 of them were carrying large knives stuffed down the back of their trousers.

Niiiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

This is nothing to what awaits you when the 77 is merged with the 27B and the scum from darndale take on the scum from jobstown.
    There will be blood flowing down the stairs.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

rx8 wrote: »
    This is nothing to what awaits you when the 77 is merged with the 27B and the scum from darndale take on the scum from jobstown.
    There will be blood flowing down the stairs.....:rolleyes:

The 27B doesn't go anywhere near Darndale....

Advertisement