Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the worst bus in dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

markpb wrote: »
    The 27B doesn't go anywhere near Darndale....

You don't think fact has any bearing on the nonsense spouted by some?

This is a thinly-veiled 'northside is a kip, southside is yum, right ya?' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

spurious wrote: »
    You don't think fact has any bearing on the nonsense spouted by some?

This is a thinly-veiled 'northside is a kip, southside is yum, right ya?' thread.

In fairness the post your man was referring to said the "scum from Jobstown (southside) taking on Darndale (northside)", he's not trying to make out the southside is great. To be completely honest I'd say the southside has a lot more "rough" areas than the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 milkybar kid wk

In fairness the post your man was referring to said the "scum from Jobstown (southside) taking on Darndale (northside)", he's not trying to make out the southside is great. To be completely honest I'd say the southside has a lot more "rough" areas than the northside.

have to agree the min someone from the southside mentions northside, the northsiders seem to think that southsiders think there better then them, why i do not no, considering southside contains the bloodiest gangland war ever and probably more bad areas but it would be furthest south that would be a good area while the same in the north with the furthest north are good areas

with all that said this forum is about bad buses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

This post is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

The 114 is so unreliable, if I could depend on it then I'd use it but I just walk for the 30 minutes or so, it's more practical!

And the 77 is definitely the worst route for general scumbaggery. I got it everyday for years and am grateful every day that I'm no longer reliant on that bus! The amount of **** that happens on that bus is unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I remember back when the Kid's travelwide ticket for under 16 was €5 for unlimited bus for the 7-day week, I skipped school and went into town, then out to Liffey Valley on a 78A for the hell of it.

Drug dealers behind me, smokers in front of me, and knackers having a fight down the back. That was a single decker, the way back to town was even worse cos I sat upstairs - I was too scared (at 14) to move downstairs in case they took issue with me avoiding them.

Never ever again. Vermin on that route, pure scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Have you read the thread?

Most every post was on the 78A, Thomas Street, Inchicore, Ballyfermot, Cherry Orchard, Neilstown, Clondalkin (parts of Clondalkin are lovely :) ) and Liffey Valley

The southside certainly isn't yum, come join me on the 78A some day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The 114 is so unreliable

Worst bus in the history of buses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Last time I was on the 77, a few gents were smoking heroin off tin foil and doing nothing to hide their hobby. When they stood up to disembarke, I could clearly see that 2 of them were carrying large knives stuffed down the back of their trousers.

Niiiiicccccccccceeeeeeeeee

Sorry, that was actually the 78 or 78A. not the 77

I was going from Thomas street to Liffey valley.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

the 76 is a horrible bus! Should be called the junkball express..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

+1 on the 78A - the dragon chasing bus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

The 27 is my own bus and I thought that wasn't great, until I started going out with someone who was living in Ballyfermot and had to get the 78A!

Got it home from town one evening on my own and ended up sat opposite some mad oul fella who was screaming about how he hates women and if he had a knife right now he'd knife them all. He said this last bit screaming with a crazed look on his face and right then I swore to never rag on the 27 ever again...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Worst bus is whichever one you happen to miss by seconds. Always gets a swear word under my breath.

I thought we'd gotten rid of these awful "whcih area is worst" threads. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 milkybar kid wk

Collie D wrote: »
    Worst bus is whichever one you happen to miss by seconds. Always gets a swear word under my breath.

I thought we'd gotten rid of these awful "whcih area is worst" threads. :mad:

ha thats actually so true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Remember having to get the 78 regularly in the mid 90's,one night the driver was held up by 2 lads with a syringe on the Ballyfermot road and another time a very dodgy lookin fella knocked a woman over as she was getting off the bus and ran off with her handbag.It all calmed down a bit when the red boxes were brought in and the driver didnt have any money on him anymore,except for the odd time when the local gougers in training used to use the bus as target practice for their stone throwing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

78A for definite. 77/77a aint the nicest either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well for smelling of wee it's the 123.

Can never tell if its from the oldies or the drunks down the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Clown Shoes

Some gas tales above but I have to say I´ve seen some madness on buses.

The 40. About 10 young lads started kicking out the windows from inside the bus. They were like the monkeys infected with the rage virus in 28 days later. Pure pieballs.

The last bus from city centre to Howth. I know a guy who used to work for CIE/Dublin Bus and he said that particular run was messy. Once found that somebody had taken a massive dump on the backseat.

77. It´s a zoo. A lad p1ssing down the stairs one evening.

13/a. Not too bad but everybody should take it at least once. The driver absolutely floors it when going into the flats, grand prix stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

OisinT wrote: »
    The 121 and 122 are pretty shíte too tbh.

122?? I take it every day from drimnagh to town and back. Never once had any issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Worst buses for reliability IME would be the 121 and the 83...I call them the mystery buses, because it's a sheer mystery when they will appear. As for having trouble/knackers/junkies etc? that would go to the 78a and the 77 for sure. I've seen waaaay more junkies on the 78a, but the 77 is the only bus I've been on where some upstairs windows had been kicked out while I was on it...more than once at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

For me it would have to be the 17a had to get it a few years back and was always trouble on it!!
    Even know they never have new buses on it always the old ones!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bring back bus conductors that should sort them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

for me its got to be the 220,not only can it take 80 minutes to get from start to finish it goes on a cross country route through some of the worst areas on the northside ladyswell,whitestown,mountview,corduff,finglas and ballymun it also can regularly get bricked when crossing over the m50 at cappagh hospital by the local thugs living nearby,it can also be quite unreliable,who needs the ghost bus when you can just get the 220 on a sat night

(edit)most of the late night departures have been withdrawn under this new network direct mess.no suprise there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

triple-M wrote: »
    for me its got to be the 220,not only can it take 80 minutes to get from start to finish it goes on a cross country route through some of the worst areas on the northside ladyswell,whitestown,mountview,corduff,finglas and ballymun it also can regularly get bricked when crossing over the m50 at cappagh hospital by the local thugs living nearby,it can also be quite unreliable,who needs the ghost bus when you can just get the 220 on a sat night

(edit)most of the late night departures have been withdrawn under this new network direct mess.no suprise there

Does the new extended (and far more frequent) 17a not solve those problems by taking a more direct route?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Even know they never have new buses on it always the old ones!:eek:

They have a tendency to do this for the 77/77A/50 routes aswell, can't blame them for it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

fryup wrote: »
    bring back bus conductors that should sort them out

Dublin Bus need the security that Irish Rail use.
    You know, the guys looking like Serbian paratroopers. Not to be messed with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Dublin Bus need the security that Irish Rail use.
    You know, the guys looking like Serbian paratroopers. Not to be messed with
    Saw a few of those lads getting off a LUAS at Hueston, they are f*cking huge!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Saw a few of those lads getting off a LUAS at Hueston, they are f*cking huge!

We have plenty of huge native people..no reason why we cannot patrol our own transport systems.

It amazes me why we need foreign labour when ther's 450 thousand unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

triple-M wrote: »

:rolleyes:

The 220 never ran later then 8/9pm hasn't done for years.
    The bricking was due to brats from the settlement, the garda clamped down on it.
    Yes the tour is a pain in the face as it does some sort of werid shamrock loop route but hey it's to get people to the hospital who may not be that mobile.
    I have got it several times from blanch to finglas on a friday and saturday night never seen any hassle on it at all other then a gang of young teen with thier shíte music blaring out their phones.

If you think those are some of the worst areas of the northside or indeed the city then bless your cotton sock go back to foxrock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement