Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess what this lad is?

Options
  • 25-10-2010 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Was in the pet shop today and did a double take at the sight of this lad! Anyone fancy a guess at what he is? The results of inbreeding or something else contraversial no doubt :rolleyes: Off to do my research on this.

picture.php?albumid=1088&pictureid=7679

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

Was in the pet shop today and did a double take at the sight of this lad! Anyone fancy a guess at what he is? The results of inbreeding or something else contraversial no doubt :rolleyes: Off to do my research on this.

picture.php?albumid=1088&pictureid=7679
    was this in a shop on teh long mile rd??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

No I'm up North, Jez it's not spreading is it? :confused: <ETA> I know what he is, used to have a couple of them but this is a colour mutation, just wondering if anyone else has come across it.

No I'm up North, Jez it's not spreading is it? :confused: <ETA> I know what he is, used to have a couple of them but this is a colour mutation, just wondering if anyone else has come across it.
    chinchilla x rabbit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Looks like a guinea pig/rabbit? :D

KittyKat wrote: »
    Looks like a guinea pig/rabbit? :D
    A PIGIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

pokertalk wrote: »
    A PIGIT

There you go! We have a new species! :D

KittyKat wrote: »
    There you go! We have a new species! :D
    i like my chibit better:D

chinchilla x rabbit :D

LOL :pac: The fact that it's littermate is in with it gave it away.

picture.php?albumid=1088&pictureid=7680

It's head is too small and just not quite the right shape :(, looks like a big gerbil with a fat tail.

This is all the info I can find on it.

http://www.degus-online.de/blue.htm

It's certainly more blue than any of those on that site. They'll be breeding pink hamsters next :rolleyes:

Interestingly enough I've bred rabbits and chinchillas in the past (though not together :P) And have had pet guineas and degus. But I swear, I didn't create it :pac:

i thought the blue degus was related to the monitor lizard. clearly not;)

• Advertisement

i thought the blue degus was related to the monitor lizard. clearly not;)
    had to rabbits before too there cool. they were kind of freerange out the back

dont know y i wuoted my posts there or yours for that matter were the only two feckin people on this thread

Advertisement