Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking your phone yourself...

Options
  • 25-10-2010 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to get the code to unlock your phone?

I know all phones unlock code is based on the IMEI code usually written inside the phone behind battery or wherever, or by dialing a code into your phone, depending on the make, but what's the formula for getting the unlock code or how is it generated?

Are there any websites or software you can use / get for free that will generate the unlock code for you?

I don't want to pay $20 in china town and don't want to pay an online site either...just want to find out how to do it myself...any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

First option, ring your service provider. If you've been with them long enough and spent a certain amount they'll give it for free.

Normally option two is to get it done in an unlock shop for around €20.

That failing, free unlock code generators used to be available online, but unless your phone is 3 or 4 years old (or more) I'd say with almost full certainty that you won't find one.

Next option, download relevant unlocking software, and buy the relevant unlocking cable. (which generally cost more than what the unlock shops charge to unlock it). Find out exactly how to do it, try it and hope for the best that you don't brick your phone!

Advertisement