Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mass effect 2 question

• 25-10-2010 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

People,

Will mass effect 2's story/gameplay be a lot different if i have the save files from mass effect 1?

Heres my story
    I played mass effect 1 two years ago and loved it. I then decided to sell my 360 and try the PS3. So i sold my old 360 including all the save files in it. Now 2 years later, i bought a new 360 and i am thinking of buying mass effect 2. I was told that if u have the save files from mass effect 1, it will affect the story of mass effect 2. Is this true? I recovered my gamertag so i have all the achievements for mass effect 1, do u think that will be enough?

What exactly will i miss by not having the save files from the original files?

I trying to figure out if its worth going back to play mass effect 1. I normally dont like playing games again once i complete it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I cant answer all your questions,but I do know you can import your character from ME1, which will give you a head start.

edit :

Just read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect_2#Transferring_save-files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

You won't really miss anything, small things are effected. I personally started a new save after I played through on my Mass Effect 1 transfer.

Its a really great game, if you really enjoyed 1 you will love this even more :D

Happy hunting Specter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

thanks for the help guys but i dont have access to my old save files. All i was able to recover was my gamertag. So i guess i will have to start a new game in mass effect 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I may be totally wrong here (90% sure I am...), but I think it might it may give you the option of choosing what happened at key points of ME1 if you create a brand new ME2 character, so in effect you'll be able to continue your game even though you don't have a save file, but will obviously miss out on the bonuses you get from importing.

Advertisement