Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofas in Waterford ?

• 25-10-2010 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, think we're going to indulge in a bit of family shopping today (that's if places are open, which I guess they might be). We're not in Waterford city and don't often go there, so not too sure where to go.

Looking for sofas, any tips ? any nice places ? Thinking of Harvey Normans and Costplus sofas, just wondering if there's any other places I just don't know, other chain stores around, or smaller private shops with a good selection.

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

Alsbury Furniture out in mooncoin is very good, and they seem to always have a sale, and bargin with them, there very good to bring down there prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

tiny-tyno wrote: »
    Alsbury Furniture out in mooncoin is very good, and they seem to always have a sale, and bargin with them, there very good to bring down there prices

When I was looking for furniture I found them to be one of the most expensive places out of all the places I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

deisemum wrote: »
    When I was looking for furniture I found them to be one of the most expensive places out of all the places I tried.

I got a lovely fabric 2+3 seater sofa out there only 5 weeks ago for 800 euro down from 1600 so I can't complain to be honest , its worth going out to see , everyone has brought there prices down with the recession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thanks all, we went to cost plus sofas, and Harvey Norman's, and were pretty disappointed. Harvey Norman's are very expensive, and even haggling wouldn't have brought the prices down to something we would deem reasonable.
    Cost plus sofas, we had checked out in Clonmel, and they actually had a poorer selection in Waterford.
    So I returned to Cost plus in Clonmel, only to be told the model we liked wouldn't be available until February, and other models only at Christmas :eek: !
    Had a look in Larry O'Keefe in Clonmel, they have a great selection, pricey enough but not madly overpriced either, and they can order too, but we're more inclined to wait and find something that's in store.

I might give Mooncoin a go, you never know !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

you could try reid's in kilkenny got great deal there 2 weeks ago http://www.reidfurniture.ie/store-locator/?store_id=35#kilkenny_clearance_centre

or these they have 70% off sale going on at the moment http://www.curleysfurniture.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Thanks all, we went to cost plus sofas, and Harvey Norman's, and were pretty disappointed. Harvey Norman's are very expensive, and even haggling wouldn't have brought the prices down to something we would deem reasonable.
    Cost plus sofas, we had checked out in Clonmel, and they actually had a poorer selection in Waterford.
    So I returned to Cost plus in Clonmel, only to be told the model we liked wouldn't be available until February, and other models only at Christmas :eek: !
    Had a look in Larry O'Keefe in Clonmel, they have a great selection, pricey enough but not madly overpriced either, and they can order too, but we're more inclined to wait and find something that's in store.

I might give Mooncoin a go, you never know !

I was in both Reids in kk and Aylesbury in Mooncoin today. Harvey harvey is very expensive and not worth the money. CPS is awful, quality is dreadful.

The place in mooncoin has a sale at the minute so your timing is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

does Michael Crowe do sofas? never checked but he's the biz for beds and he's local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Greenwood Furniture
    Six cross roads, near Larry O'Keeffes but on the other side of the roundabout.
    http://www.hotfrog.ie/Companies/Greenwood-Furniture

Advertisement