Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see Jools Holland last night?

Options
  • 25-10-2010 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure what to expect with this but thought it was interesting! It was a different type of show as it was in the National Concert Hall but worked well enough. Hated his brother's music at the start though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

I thought his brother was on the Hammond organ? Didn't care much for the opener tbh. The 20min gap was pretty annoying as well, took away any energy in the crowd and what followed was a pretty lacklustre set performed well. Very samey, couldn't pick out any one stand-out tune, just very generic. Disappointing but the rest of the crowd seemed to enjoy it, maybe it's an age thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I thought it was pretty good, but the support act was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

I was there on Fri night and really enjoyed it. Loved when Ruby Turner came on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The sound was a bit disappointing - I think they were using half of their own system and half of the concert hall's system. It sounded a bit muddy and light on bass too. Would've been miles better with the new NCH system on its own - it's blisteringly loud and clear when it's run right. Pity considering the gig itself was awesome.

Advertisement