Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounts Software

Options
  • 25-10-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I was wondering if anyone could advise me on a good accounts software package I could use. I have a small online business and am just looking for something that will keep track of everything and issue invoices etc. I dont have much experience in this software, so would need something quite user friendly!

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GeorgeTaylor

Have a look at Quickbooks, user friendly and flexible reports. There are others Sage and TAS etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭oterra

Is it expensive George? Do you know if I can get a mac os version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GeorgeTaylor

It's 269 on Axonware.ie for the Pro version. I know the US version of QB has a Mac version but not sure about the UK version. If you ring Axonware, I'm sure they can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

If you are looking for something basic Sage Instant Accounts might suit. It will allow you to create customers, create suppliers, issue invoices, create statements, bank reconcilliation, vat and your financial reports such as profit and loss and balance sheet.

Instant Accounts will work on a Mac when used with bootcamp or parallels with a windows os. It has been tested and is suported when used in this way but it does entail having to install this software as well as windows os.

Tas do offer a free package but as it does not issue invoices and has not yet been tested with a Mac this might not meet your needs.

I know Quickbooks do a Mac version of their software although I am unsure if it is the UK / Irish version. There are also a couple of other free accounts packages on the market (such as xero or inthos) so it could be worth checking those out to see if they will work on a Mac.

I am connected with Sage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1946anne

just started a little business and got quickbookssimple.can anyone show me how to use it . not very computer savvy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 jennypeny

Sage Instant Accounts - would be the one I would recommend. Plus it’s used widely in accountants so they can just take a back up at your year end and do your final accounts.

The TAS free one is pretty useless in my opinion you may as well use excel.

As far as I know if ouy buy sage they do do some packages where you can get a training day but honestly if you know anyone who has a clue about accounts its a very easy system to use.

Advertisement