Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graham Watson

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Seems to have been removed now but a nasty little dig and very unprofessional . I suppose Lance is/was his big bread winner but no need for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

WTF?
    Eric G - 10/06/2010:
    Just noticed the URL for the LeMond pics has the word "fool" in it instead of his name. Please correct this, not everyone is an Armstrong fan, and I was going to buy several prints from you, but no longer, very disappointed.

10/11/2010:
    Hi Eric, I've not noticed that mistake, I'll have my webmaster look at it. Sorry we cannot appease you, I'm a fan of both guys, they both did a lot for my career, just a shame one cannot keep his mouth shut.. :) GW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

is Mr Watson starting to show his opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭honkjelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

This Q&A has now been removed.

Hypocritical prick is still willing to sell pictures of LeMond to line his pockets though isn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

On his review of 2010 season
    [FONT=century gothic, verdana, arial, sans-serif].... Romandie went to that unwanted pest Valverde, after a last-stage battle with Michael Rogers, who would go on to win the Tour of California in May. [/FONT]
    Bit hypocritical of the man. I have always been a big fan of Graham's photography but .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

http://mobile.twitter.com/darachmcquaid/status/28739577869

Quote: “@darachmcquaid: Lots of bloggers/w*****s commenting on @grahamwatson10 view on Lemond. After 32yrs on a moto, methinks his opinion is worthy.”

So glad I ain't a blogger:rolleyes:, after a lifetime of being a brother of a uci president, I think his opinion is worthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

So glad I ain't a blogger:rolleyes:, after a lifetime of being a brother of a uci president, I think his opinion is worthy

worthy of what exactly ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I think he's entitled to have opinions, and is entitled to take and sell pictures of whomever he wants.... just because you cover the sport doesn't mean you aren't allowed have your own views -even if to others they are contradictory... look at how Harmon was very vocally against Vino at the start of this year.

He's a photographer, if he's got a pic of LeMond that will sell, I see no problem in him selling it, even if he hates the man -that's his job, to sell pics!

Storm in a teacup

worthy of what exactly ? ;)

Worthy of same consideration as that granted to Graham in aforementioned tweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Of course he's entitled to his opinion, and we are allowed to judge him for it. Fawning on LA and tacitly endorsing the omerta puts Watson squarely in the "part of the problem" camp for me. But only a photographer so who really cares?

I'd be more irked by Darrach McQ's comment. That family is now definitely part of the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

Quote: “@darachmcquaid: Lots of bloggers/w*****s .”

haha boardsie **** with yer little pink jerseys :P

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Watson seems to have deleted several of his Twitter posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dura Ace

niceonetom wrote: »
    Fawning on LA and tacitly endorsing the omerta puts Watson squarely in the "part of the problem" camp for me.

I agree. Possibly Graham Watson has taken a hit in the last couple of years on sales of his LA prints, and feels he needs to blame somebody. He probably doesn't like anybody rocking the boat for fear of his income being affected, and is not particularly interested in the future of the sport, but is just interested in what he can get out of the sport now. I would put Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen in the same camp (i.e. LA sycophants) as they also have a vested interest in his brand, and gaining TV coverage in the States and other areas. As commentators, they have their heads firmly stuck in the sand when it comes to discussing drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

I've been following @grahamwatson10 for as long as the account has existed. As well as being a superb photographer, he often has an interesting perspective on whatever race he's covering. But the way he fawns over LA is a quite nauseating at times. In fact, he seems to give a disproportionate amount of photo love to American cyclists generally. I guess he just knows on which side his bread is buttered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Comm2

Watson openly criticizing Lemond for being openly critical.... no, definately no double standards here:rolleyes:

I'll make the bold assumption that bit by bit certain people (eg GW etc) are pi$$ing off the cycling fraternity.

1 - Worldwide cycling fraternity
    2 - Those into traditional media eg newspapers / Winning Magazine / Cycling Weekly
    3 - New age media types / tweeters / bloggers / w***kers ;)
    4 - Those that buy expensive bikes etc travel to see Tour de France etc

Warning - shapes can vary to suit your pursuasion !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

It just got creepy: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=10869

@lancearmstrong are you so obsessed with my dad that you have to follow ME?
    about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

@SimoneLeMond Just relax.
    about 1 hour ago via web in reply to SimoneLeMond

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭buffalo

It just got creepy: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=10869

@lancearmstrong are you so obsessed with my dad that you have to follow ME?
    about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

@SimoneLeMond Just relax.
    about 1 hour ago via web in reply to SimoneLeMond

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong

This is what Twitter does best - airing dirty laundry in public. That thread and all associated tweets are both hilarious and outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DeadMan1

shame they're (well, GW) deleting some of them without a trace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DeadMan1 wrote: »
    shame they're (well, GW) deleting some of them without a trace

We should keep pasting them here. The internet doesn't forget. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

The man is as entitled to his opinion as anyone. Yet as a commercial website his comment displays a lack of acumen and tact.

At another level I would object to his commentary. I view him as a journalist. I believe that journos report the news (in his case thru his lens). I do not believe they should make the news. I do distinguish between journalists and opinion piece authors.

Advertisement