Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile - is there a catch?

Options
  • 25-10-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at changing to eMobiles select 200, it seems like a good enough deal? Has anyone else changed over or heard anything about it? It seems like there could be a catch almost...200 mins and 200 texts and free calls to landlines for €34 incl vat, thats alot better than what i can see from any other providers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mini flex is cheaper, 200 mins, 200 texts, free 3 to 3 calls and free landline calls for 29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rebel105

Thanks for the heads-up! I can't see anything about the free calls to landlines on the website though?? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Isn't that a €4.99 add-on?

Yea its an add on, would work out at 24.99 sim only including the add on or 29.99 if you wanted a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thepaperjet

Has anybody signed up for the new offer emobile has, 7-20,????
    Is there a catch of any description that anyone knows of, it seems too good to be true, from what I understand, you top-up by €10 a week and you get unlimited call and texts to any network at anytime.

If anyone has any experience using this service, could you please let me know is it a good package.

Laterz,

thepaperjet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This post has been deleted.

That is the case yes, they state this on the ads too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

They also take the €10 off the account, so if you want to call directory enqueries, send mms.....you need to top up again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Walkman wrote: »
    They also take the €10 off the account, so if you want to call directory enqueries, send mms.....you need to top up again

So it's essentially a charge of 10 euro a week? If so they shouldn't be using the term topping up.

Thanks for your info, it sounds good, i'm gonna give them a call & see what the story is, will kepp ya updated,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I have been told numerous time that the 200 limit isnot a limit but a fair usage policy and that you can go over without charge as long as you don't completely abuse it. I'm on 7/15 and havent been charged any extra dont know if I went over 200 though.
    My wife is with Meteor and her calls to me are free as she has free meteor to meteor calls. I have checked this numerous times!!!!! Calls fromemobile to meteor do come out of your minutes though.

Still good and coverage is excellent.

jarvis wrote: »
    I have been told numerous time that the 200 limit isnot a limit but a fair usage policy and that you can go over without charge as long as you don't completely abuse it. I'm on 7/15 and havent been charged any extra dont know if I went over 200 though.

Your paying 15 euro every 7days on pre pay for 800 minutes and 800 texts per month and 250mb of internet, You have to top up 50.86 times a year which is 762.90 a year.
    Compare that to something like Mega Flex which would give you, 800 minutes, 700 texts and 500mb on internet. That would work out at 680 for the next 12mts.

Have you any idea how many minutes and texts your using a month as I reckon your paying well over the odds for what you need.

With emobile it's 250mb per week that's 1gb a month. I would use all the 800 minutes but probably only 400 texts per month. But my wife and brothers and sisters all call me free too on meteor.
    I was previously on o2 paying 60pm for 350mons 150 texts 2gb and free evening and weekend calls to anyone.

one more thing, can you buy credit in any shop or do you have to pay by laser???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

hi. any1 know if emobile do free web texts. cant find anything on the website. was thinking of switchin to them on billpay but mite not if they dont do free webtexts. cheers:)

They'll be starting webtexts this month according to their forum site. It's funny, there's me and I reckon 6 others registered. Every question gets a different answer each time it's asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DoctorF

Any one working at emobile please contact me , I am really after the 50 % discount code or voucher on the tariffs.

Please please please

I believe there are still good people left on this earth

hey man, i just ported over two weeks ago, don't know anything about a voucher though?????

Advertisement