Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So tired....

Options
  • 25-10-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Morning all,

Just wondering has anyone else experienced something similar...

Had an emergency c-section in March and body slowly getting back to normal. Periods resumed after a few weeks and were the usual tortuous experience they always were. However, in the last 2-3 months they've occured every 2 weeks and I'm absolutely wreaked :( Going to go to doc tomorrow about it. Have a history of fibroids & cysts so might have something to do with that. Just wondering if this happened anyone else or maybe is somewhat normal after a section? of course, it is diff for everyone too..

Not looking for a diagnosis here just if anyone had a similar experience and how it turned out for them.

thanks so much
    xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Poor you. I had an elective section and breastfed for 19 months but got periods back within 6 weeks. Feck :mad:

Also have fibroids but periods resumed as normal every 28 days. You better take a tonic as well as seeing the doc. Floradix would be good as it has lots of B vitamins and iron. Get it in a pharmacy or health store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Haven't had this myself but I wouldn't be surprised if you've become quite anemic bleeding every 2 weeks.

Try get lots of iron in your diet and maybe a supplement too. Ask your GP to do a blood test to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I had a vaginal birth and afterwards I was literally bleeding for about 14 weeks got a 4 week break inbetween . Turned out I had a infection and need antibiotics and that sorted it out somewhat was still bleeding for month afterwards and they took more test and said it was hormonal. Make sure to take a iron supplement as you will need it, I felt much better after taking some iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Thanks for your replies Girls

Will def ask for a blood test...my mum arrived yesterday with a bottle of Floridex:) she's so good. Already taxing B complex vitamins.

Just hoping it isn't a sign of something more troublesome, but sure even if it is antibotics should be able to sort it out.

Due a smear next Monday too, had to keep postponing because of period coming every 14 days...

so will be having a full MOT really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

It wouldnt hurt to get have a blood test to check your thyroid either - pregnancy can make huge hormonal changes throughout the body, and the thyroid gland produces thyroxine, a deficiency can leave you feeling very tired all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement