Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to leeds or london

Options
  • 25-10-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Dear all.

my husband has job offers in leeds and london.we are trying to decide which one to take.I have been to london a couple of times,never been to leeds. we have 3yr old and 8week old kids.

Once I have finished my maternity leave I should be able to get a job in either of these places too.

what do people think??
    thanks in advance.
    Boi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Where in London; inner, greater or outer?

What kind of work do you do/aim to do over here.

Big move for you four :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lived in London for a couple of years and absolutely loved it. London's great if you're young, free and single and have plenty of money to spend on all that London has to offer - for all of those reasons I'm not sure I'd like to live there with a family and kids thrown in as it is bloody expensive! Plus, London is HUGE, it's so much bigger than Dublin and think how long it takes to get across town in Dublin - multiply that several fold unless you take the tube.

Have only been to Leeds for weekends or overnights. It's really had a makeover in recent years and the city centre is lovely and is SO cheap compared to London. I think you'd have a better quality of life family-wise in Leeds; or at least you'd have a lot more disposable income with which to have that quality of life.

Both have their plusses and minuses - good luck with your decision!

Advertisement