Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disaster cavity insulation

• 25-10-2010 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I had the cavity walls of my house pumped full with the polystyrene balls last year. the house was notably warmer. This year we had to replace some windows and when the old windows were taken out all the balls came out also> The contractor had never used any adhesive. Anyone got advice on how i can get the cavity refilled and would it even work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Hi.. I'd imagine it could be refilled or essentially topped up but you would want to ensure to get an experienced company out to look at it first.. It's a pity, I had reason to core out a 4inch hole through ours after it was done and the fill stayed in place perfect....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Id deff give the original supplier a ring and ask them can they provide this service. Seen as how you are a previous customer u might get a good rate for the work needed. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 derinostar

Many thanks for the replies. I'm afraid the original installer has gone awol on me since I told him the problem and other installers just don't want to know. I can't see any way around this problem unless I pay to have it done again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Registered letter to original contractor outlining what you want done, if no reply go through Small Claims Court...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Just to be the devils advocate .

Was the original installer required to add adhesive .

You having to change windows is hardly his concern. He did effectively insulate your walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Was the original contractor registered with SEI and did the product used have an Irish Agrement certificate? I don't think the product could be classed as fit for purpose if the bead was not bonded. Check out your original paperwork and seek advice from the manufacturer.

Advertisement