Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leeds have new coach, Harlequins old coach

• 25-10-2010 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

SSN reporting Brian McClennan has quit as Rhinos head coach and McDermott has been promoted at Leeds. Maybe McClennan fancies the Quins job which is still available!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Wow. Really not sure on McDermott but guess he deserves a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

dooferoaks wrote: »
    SSN reporting Brian McClennan has quit as Rhinos head coach and McDermott has been promoted at Leeds. Maybe McClennan fancies the Quins job which is still available!!!!

As soon as McDermott returned to Leeds it was always to be groomed as Blueys succesor. Although it has happened only 2-3 months after McClennan signed a contract extension.

I think the Leeds job is a poison chalice. They are the most demanding fans in Super League and they have a squad that some (me!) believe are coming towards the end of being able to compete and needs some major signings to enable them to stay in the top 6... and I say all that as a Leeds fan :D

Still, it keeps RL in the sports news even off season.

Advertisement