Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superior beer technology

• 25-10-2010 12:18pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭

npCVj.png

They've only gone and improved the beer can. I haven't been so excited since coors lights mountains started turning blue when it was at optimum drinking temperature. Pity it's only used on piss water so far or available in Japan. Clearly we're just not consuming enough beer to get this wonderful tech.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Lets get started! Any idea what beer specifically uses it? Or what can company?? I'm more of a bottle fan myself, but when home brewing you have to take into account the can fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Looks like the business. Nothing more infuriating that trying to open a can after, well, a few cans, and breaking off the opener thingy. You then have to come up with ingenious ways of opening the can, with out spraying yourself with beer.

Which reminds me, does anyone recall some years back the self-cooling can? There was some gas in it that was released once you opened it and it immediately cooled the can from room temperature down to 4-5 degrees.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

patents most likely , otherwise have the latest technology much sooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Same with bottles. Why cant all bottles have twist off caps??
    Most beers here in oz have them, but every now and then you come accross one that doesnt, and you rip the hand off youself trying to open it before you realise its not a twisty.

Im looking at you Heiniken :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

They already have this on the Becks Vier cans,

and Oranjeboom which is in my fridge for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i am just gonna put this out there. i dont think its all that great. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

Mackman wrote: »
    Same with bottles. Why cant all bottles have twist off caps??
    Most beers here in oz have them, but every now and then you come accross one that doesnt, and you rip the hand off youself trying to open it before you realise its not a twisty.
    real men use their teeth to take off tops of bottles. aussies must be soft if they rip their hands trying to open a beer bottle.
    in bangkok the women there use something else to take the tops off bottles...or so they say

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

that reminds me of this commerial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW5uXuUk1Y4

cheers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've noticed this little indentation on cans of Heineken recently. I'm not sure how it ranks on a manly scale though, a little too close to accommodating ladynails...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Robbo wrote: »
    I've noticed this little indentation on cans of Heineken recently. I'm not sure how it ranks on a manly scale though, a little too close to accommodating ladynails...

Dude man nails are short. Ready to adapt to any situation except being varnished or polished. Unfortunately that extends to having difficulty sliding said short nails under an uncomfortable can type device to receive beer. We're designed ourselves into an unmanly new realm of drink containment technology and any steps to evolve the process should not be greeted with fear and derision but an open and honest hope for the future of beer and beer containment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Heat adjustable hot sauce:
    http://www.gearfuse.com/adjustable-heat-hot-sauce-pleases-all-tastes/
    adjustable-hot-sauce.jpg
    Whether you’re a full-on chili head or just want a touch of added flavor, Dave’s Gourmet Adjustable Heat Hot Sauce accommodates all of your hot sauce needs. The specially designed twist top allows you to choose your level of heat. A nozzle mixes your chosen brew, rationing out the correct amount of each sauce to create your perfect spiced condiment.
    Nice one science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

They've only gone and improved the beer can. I haven't been so excited since coors lights mountains started turning blue when it was at optimum drinking temperature. Pity it's only used on piss water so far or available in Japan. Clearly we're just not consuming enough beer to get this wonderful tech.

Coors Light... not really a beer though is it mate? I mean, same tech on the Tyskie and Lech bottles, now there's something to be excited about.

My fave invention so far is the pull cap on bottles, with the little ring. It's on Utenos and Zelta and a few others. Excellent invention.

Advertisement