Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free view

• 25-10-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

not sure this right forum but hear goes anyone know is it pos to pick up free view in longford

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seanh12

In certain areas thats its high up like Granard or Aughnacliffe its possible

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pason

thanks seanh 12 for that quick reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You are better with Dish and Freesat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

let us know. I imagine Freeview in Longford is not likely.

will do, wont get at it for a while though

• Advertisement

all ready have sat just experimenting with free view box

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

How did you get on?

sorry wont get to it till weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cedan

We got a guy out a few years ago who installed a dish and box and can receive freeview no problem.

Also in a couple of years you will be able to receive the new digital signal which will have quite a few channels im led to believe. If you have a newish tv it should be set up to receive them anyway. As such, it might not be worth forking out for a dish and box.

Dunno if ive answered your question or just strayed completely off topic here!

cedan think you are talking about freesat i am trying to get free view through roof aerial with a free view top box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cedan

Ah right, sorry! You mean digital freeview as opposed to analogue then?

If so, im receiving rte one and two, tg4, rtenews now and a few radio channels in south Longford. Reception is crystal clear for me.

I think he means UK freeview from NI via an aerial.

I can get it via an aerial here in wexford from wales including itv1 hd and bbc hd.
    It might be possible in Longford to get it from the Brougher mtn transmitter near Enniskillen,but you'd want a really high gain aerial as it's very low power compared to analogue from there.
    At the end of 2012,it will be on an equivalent power to the analogue as analogue shuts down so you may have a better chance then.
    Also at that time all the smaller transmitters in NI,the relays,will be transmitting digital so one of them may become receivable.

The link below brings you to the correct forum to ask these questions,the terrestrial forum.There are plenty of threads there on uk freeview icluding reception from NI and Wales in Ireland and also on the irish version for the irish channels only that launces on oct 31st called Saorview and which is testing right now.
    It has nothing to do with satelite.

See this forum :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

thanks black briar

Advertisement