Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb DSL product

• 25-10-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ello all,

I've ordered a 24meg line from Digiweb the other day and want to find out peoples views on the service. At the moment I am with Aptus (I'm in Kilkenny and 15km out from the city) My towns Exchange was ADSL enabled last year.

At the moment, my current provider is rubbish. Slow port 80 traffic, speeds drop as low as 15kb/s in the evenings. and I never get more than 350kb/s on a good day (which is rare. I'm on a 5meg line) (paying €50 a month lol) Ping times are also all over the place. Lowest being about 60ms and highs being in the thousands. The network he uses is all setup arse ways. With what seems like all traffic going through one gateway server and a NAT setup so that they only need 1 external public ipaddress. Meaning I cant access my network from outside of Aptus and some programs just dont work as the dont like a nat in a nat and so on lol.

Anyway, I cancelled them and ordered the 24meg line from Digiweb. So how do people find it? Good pings? Speeds? I had Digiweb about 5 years ago in Dublin and found them good. But they had some rolling cap. Which I remember used to bug me alot. Do they still have this or is it just a reset each month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Hi Sutty,
    I actually posted a similar thread a couple of weeks back but didnt get much of a response.
    I recently ordered their 3 meg DSL product.
    Im in the Dublin area so im hoping its decent enough to allow me to game online.
    Can you remember when you had it in Dublin, were you getting good ping response times?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Rolling is BETTER than a reset cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

watty wrote: »
    Rolling is BETTER than a reset cap.

How so Watty? If I remember right, I'd go over my cap once then be on a slow connection for a month or so. Which was annoying at best. That said, I'll be on a 150gig cap, so should be ok with that :D

Tiesto:

I remember the pings being good on the metro product I had. But then again that was 5+ years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

no, your connection is only slow till you 80% below cap. It's mathematically fairer for you and other users.

Also it means that the connection doesn't slow at end of month or start of month because of demand peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

sutty wrote: »
    Ello all,

I've ordered a 24meg line from Digiweb the other day and want to find out peoples views on the service. At the moment I am with Aptus (I'm in Kilkenny and 15km out from the city) My towns Exchange was ADSL enabled last year.

At the moment, my current provider is rubbish. Slow port 80 traffic, speeds drop as low as 15kb/s in the evenings. and I never get more than 350kb/s on a good day (which is rare. I'm on a 5meg line) (paying €50 a month lol) Ping times are also all over the place. Lowest being about 60ms and highs being in the thousands. The network he uses is all setup arse ways. With what seems like all traffic going through one gateway server and a NAT setup so that they only need 1 external public ipaddress. Meaning I cant access my network from outside of Aptus and some programs just dont work as the dont like a nat in a nat and so on lol.

Anyway, I cancelled them and ordered the 24meg line from Digiweb. So how do people find it? Good pings? Speeds? I had Digiweb about 5 years ago in Dublin and found them good. But they had some rolling cap. Which I remember used to bug me alot. Do they still have this or is it just a reset each month?

Hey Sutty,
    Did you get set up with Digiweb DSL? What's it like?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement