Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refunding earphones

• 25-10-2010 1:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I bought a pair of JVC earphones from Currys 3 days ago. The sound quality on them is terrible and I was dissapointed with my purchase.

Not to worry, I'm thinkin, I still have the receipt. I'll go and return them on my lunch break tomorrow.

The next day I put the earphones back in the box and grab my receipt and head off to Currys only to be told I cannot return/exchange them as I have already opened them and it would be unhygienic.

Now I can understand that there is a hygiene issue but I'm deeply unhappy with my purchase. Manager says that it is final and he will not refund or let me part exchange.

Do I just have to accept this or is there something else I should/could be saying/doing?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Hey all,

I bought a pair of JVC earphones from Currys 3 days ago. The sound quality on them is terrible and I was dissapointed with my purchase.

Not to worry, I'm thinkin, I still have the receipt. I'll go and return them on my lunch break tomorrow.

The next day I put the earphones back in the box and grab my receipt and head off to Currys only to be told I cannot return/exchange them as I have already opened them and it would be unhygienic.

Now I can understand that there is a hygiene issue but I'm deeply unhappy with my purchase. Manager says that it is final and he will not refund or let me part exchange.

Do i just have to accept this or is there something else I should/could be saying/doing?

Thanks for your time.

this is actually the key point here... we're the same ... it also falls under consumer law that your not entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind.

if it was something else like a camera or something it would be fine but this is something that has being in your ears.

now if they were faulty it would be different.

tell them their faulty and they'll send off but you should be allowed to pick another pair in store regardless of price..... atleast thats how we do things.

if someone brings back faulty earphones they go off around the shop to find another pair they like and come back and if they are different prices they just pay the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

yeah what they said above..... just say there is only sound in one ear. I did that with iphone earphones and i got a new pair..... the girl didnt even look in the box to see if i was returning them or not :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Hygiene doesn't factor into it if they aren't of merchantable quality - but that would be debatable.

Sennheiser earphones are your friend :)

Advertisement