Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Seat

Options
  • 25-10-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Do any of you lads use a racing seat/cockpit for your steering wheels. Got a G25 recently and was toying with the idea of building my own setup, but I'd buy if the price wasn't too prohibitive.So, do any of you have one? Did you build or buy? Could you source it in Ireland and how much did you pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

If you plan building you own the MicroSim Racebase is worth doing...

racebase.jpg

Plans are free, you just need to register here: http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=894.0\
    Ill probably build one for the off season this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Another option is to get a wheel stand such as this. You can then use your wheel from any seat. I recently bought a great car seat from a car dismantlers for 40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Thanks for the replies. The Wheelstandpro looks like a handy setup but I don't like the bar down the middle. Going to have a look at the Microsim self build

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Thanks for the replies. The Wheelstandpro looks like a handy setup but I don't like the bar down the middle. Going to have a look at the Microsim self build

Unless you drive with your legs crossed, the bar down the middle won't be a problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Unless you drive with your legs crossed, the bar down the middle won't be a problem
    Not quite, but I've been told my driving style is un-orthodox. I wasn't talking only about the wheelstand pro, but cockpits that have the bar down the middle look awkward.Anyway, I've ordered the microsim racebase plans and will wait to see if its worth going ahead with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement