Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should we ban miniskirts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

No!

How else am I supposed to get a ride?
    Pics or ban! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Why would anyone want to ban miniskirts!! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

OisinT wrote: »
    Pics or ban! :D

Many, many exist. It was pointed out to me recently that I've never worn anything that couldnt be classed as a mini skirt or mini dress.

I'm not ashamed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

No!

How else am I supposed to get a ride?

I hear ya, I always get lucky when I wear my miniskirt.

Many, many exist. It was pointed out to me recently that I've never worn anything that couldnt be classed as a mini skirt or mini dress.

I'm not ashamed

Thats the best way to be! :D I've hung up my miniskirts, short shorts and dress/tops for the winter. I miss them!! :(

Thats the best way to be! :D I've hung up my miniskirts, short shorts and dress/tops for the winter. I miss them!! :(

Tights my friend!

Tights my friend!

Nah girls in Ireland dress incredibly slutty well. Girls in germany.... ugh. I wore hotpants with tights and a teeshirt the first week i got here... got dirty looks all night! Everyone else was wearing jeans and jumpers!! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Why is there a yes option in the poll?:D

Nah girls in Ireland dress incredibly slutty well. Girls in germany.... ugh. I wore hotpants with tights and a teeshirt the first week i got here... got dirty looks all night! Everyone else was wearing jeans and jumpers!! :O

Clearly I wasn't there then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think you just can't stand the cold(no sh1t you say) but we do see many a young lady baring beautiful legs in the winter time especially on a night out so whats your real excuse? ;) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

My AH answer is :City full of killjoys.

My intellectual answer is that this is a highly anti-feminist move that restricts the freedoms of women to dress their body as they please. Most normal people wouldn't really class low cut jeans as that revealing anyway, as things go. And Italy is hot, what are these women supposed to do, walk around in fecking knitwear all year round?

gurramok wrote: »
    I think you just can't stand the cold(no sh1t you say) but we do see many a young lady baring beautiful legs in the winter time especially on a night out so whats your real excuse? ;) :P

I have no problems with getting the legs out!! ;) plenty of pics... even on boards i think. However nobody wears skirts/revealing clothes here. Will post pic of german peoples idea of "going out clothes" in KYN now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

My AH answer is :City full of killjoys.

My intellectual answer is that this is a highly anti-feminist move that restricts the freedoms of women to dress their body as they please. Most normal people wouldn't really class low cut jeans as that revealing anyway, as things go. And Italy is hot, what are these women supposed to do, walk around in fecking knitwear all year round?

Feminists would say that women shouldnt objectify themselves by pandering to men by wearing revealing clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11617091

Mini-skirts have been deemed as anti-social behaviour by an Italian Mayor so do Ah'ers think they should be banned in Ireland also?;)

them italian kids sure are crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Teutorix wrote: »
    Feminists would say that women shouldnt objectify themselves by pandering to men by wearing revealing clothes.

Feminists would say it is a woman's own decision if she wants to pander to men by wearing revealing clothes. Feminism is about equality and freedom, even if you want to do stupid stuff with that freedom.

• Advertisement

Clearly I wasn't there then.

Pics up in the KYN thread

Pics up in the KYN thread
    link for the lazy?

link for the lazy?

Pervert :D Yeh, get those legs out woman! ;):D

link for the lazy?

here

Only because I'm in such a good mood today!! :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

here

Oh my.

• Advertisement

Yeahhhhh!

BRB need some alone time :D

Oh my.

Take a good look now while you can, not leaving them pictures up there for too long for ye to perve on! Enough pictures of me on this website!!! :P

Take a good look now while you can, not leaving them pictures up there for too long for ye to perve on! Enough pictures of me on this website!!! :P

Already saved, blown up and stuck on me wall, you can remove at leisure ;)

Do German girls have hairy legs or something? :eek: There must be a reason why they are ahem shy in showing their legs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Flirting makes Jebus cry.

super-rush wrote: »
    Wasn't that because he was touched by priests?

Wasn't that because he was touched by priests?

Wasn't he the original priest???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Ridiculous ideas should be banned!

Do German girls have hairy legs or something? :eek: There must be a reason why they are ahem shy in showing their legs!

Also i haven't felt any german girls legs so i don't know. However it could also be becuase the ratio of males to females in this city is about 12:1. Sooo.... girls don't need to make the effort, if they want to pull it's no problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Wasn't he the original priest???

No. He has no known church and did not start the formality of the priesthood. The Romans did.

• Advertisement

Munich is quite the same actually, and not just in October :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

super-rush wrote: »

:eek:
    dr b has got to you i see!!

Romans touched Jesus inappropriately

Baby jebus must be crying a river every weekend morning here, at around 3am.

Anyway, up with miniskirts. Or down. You know what I mean.

Also i haven't felt any german girls legs so i don't know. However it could also be becuase the ratio of males to females in this city is about 12:1. Sooo.... girls don't need to make the effort, if they want to pull it's no problem!

Ask ze German girls, you know over girltalk! :)

I makes mental note to avoid that city!

Are the Italians as conservative, or is it just their elected officials?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hmmmm.....

The Flutther was 'darting' into Connolly last week, engrossed in the Indo crossword when this bint sashayed into the carriage at Harmonstown.

Heavy set cow she was, and plonked herself down fornenced the Flutt, with a set of thighs on her that could kick start a 747, and a micro mini trying vainly to keep herself together.

When the Flutther finally summoned up the courage to glance upwards,he was confronted by a set of butter coloured thighs and at the apex was a ****ing mound of flesh barely contained by a flimsy thong which was stretched to it's limits, and stained by what looked like dried in tomato soup:eek:

Think of a plastic bag crammed with chicken fillets.

The Flutt took in the scene and the lady in question noticed and spread the buttery lads a little more exposing a cavernous arse crack whose stygian darkness accommodated a grimy thong string with generous ease.

Too much for the Flutt who exited at Clontarf and took the next available transport.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nothing wrong with the old miniskirt, but there's nothing skirt like about the strip of material some wans wear nowadays. Unfortuantely it all smacks of desperation.

Are the Italians as conservative, or is it just their elected officials?

Think of Berlusconi, like the Tories all 'family conservative' types. Me thinks they need to get out more!

When I was last in Milan, there were scantily clad young girls in mini-skirts(just like what you see here!) dancing on the bar. Message been is that Italy is still a very nice place to visit despite what some nut-job is proposing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Of course they shouldn't be banned. :eek: Do you want to thrash what's left of the world economy altogether? Linky

Want to know how the economy is doing? Just check out what your wife is wearing :lol:

Woohoo! We've turned the corner at last!

lugha wrote: »
    Of course they shouldn't be banned. :eek: Do you want to thrash what's left of the world economy altogether? Linky

"The hemline index stands for professor Taylor’s observation that hemlines on women’s dresses rise along with stock prices."

Yeh right! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cedan

No.

Funny you should mention it actually, saw this one girl today, OMFG;) I never usually stare but I said **** it, she wears a skirt like that so she must expect me to stare:D Bloody well dropped me fag and all!

Somone post pics so that we can have a proper informed debate!

As for the observation thing, a whole group of them, like here come the girls from a song and some ad or other, and yet, despite they all wearing the same stuff .... one or two are just drop dead gorgeous, sirens, sex magnets and yet, if you look at them they go all shy and coy.

The only reason "friends" was so popular, in the early days, was 'that' waitress in her short dress sitting on the edge of the couch. Oh I'm gone to jelly ...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

It's a seaside resort, are they going to ban girls wearing bikinki's next :eek:

• Advertisement

It's a seaside resort, are they going to ban girls wearing bikinki's next :eek:

and what's wrong with that? ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

gbee wrote: »
    and what's wrong with that? ? :)

It'd render my mirrored sunglasses useless for a start...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

here

Those people are Spanish, Hazel. Not German. FAIL!

Anyway, NO! I bloody love mini skirts. I have no tits so I need someway to show off my legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Maybe German women don't feel the need to bare so much flesh on a night out because they feel they're worth more than just being eye candy for men? That they dress more to please themselves than to attract a man?

It was my impression of the German women I've met, (and Swedes, Norwegians and Dutch for example) that their self-esteem is not so much bound up in how attractive they appear to men and pandering to what they like, whether that's clubbing or in their daily lives and they don't need to feel validated by men.

They seem to be much more feminist in their way of thinking about this than the average Irish woman who seem to take their cue for how they dress up on a night out (mini-skirts, tits out, loads of make-up, staggering along drunkenly in high heels,)from working class English culture.
    Sad really IMO. It's something we do far too much of actually in this country-aping the worst parts of English culture.

Not saying all Irish women are like that of course not (I don't dress like that and I still look good ;)) but you only have to look at the indecorous sight of gaggles of females out on the tear for a night out in any town in the country to see what I mean.

Greentopia wrote: »
    just being eye candy for men?

De ar ordered into bed an mcht obey, ja! Good Aryan children to build da next reich, ja!

• Advertisement
Advertisement