Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should we ban miniskirts?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

gurramok wrote: »

Mini-skirts have been deemed as anti-social behaviour by an Italian Mayor ;)
    More ultra-social I thought..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

omg, can we close this thread before fianna "fail" - pronouced fale ban miniskirts in Dublin.

Unless you have to grease those thights to squeeze into your miniskirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Greentopia wrote: »
    Maybe German women don't feel the need to bare so much flesh on a night out because they feel they're worth more than just being eye candy for men? That they dress more to please themselves than to attract a man?

It was my impression of the German women I've met, (and Swedes, Norwegians and Dutch for example) that their self-esteem is not so much bound up in how attractive they appear to men and pandering to what they like, whether that's clubbing or in their daily lives and they don't need to feel validated by men.

They seem to be much more feminist in their way of thinking about this than the average Irish woman who seem to take their cue for how they dress up on a night out (mini-skirts, tits out, loads of make-up, staggering along drunkenly in high heels,)from working class English culture.
    Sad really IMO. It's something we do far too much of actually in this country-aping the worst parts of English culture.

Not saying all Irish women are like that of course not (I don't dress like that and I still look good ;)) but you only have to look at the indecorous sight of gaggles of females out on the tear for a night out in any town in the country to see what I mean.

Crusty :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hell no! Ban knickers..... Only allow mini skirts and thongs....

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Greentopia wrote: »
    Maybe German women don't feel the need to bare so much flesh on a night out because they feel they're worth more than just being eye candy for men? That they dress more to please themselves than to attract a man?

It was my impression of the German women I've met, (and Swedes, Norwegians and Dutch for example) that their self-esteem is not so much bound up in how attractive they appear to men and pandering to what they like, whether that's clubbing or in their daily lives and they don't need to feel validated by men.

They seem to be much more feminist in their way of thinking about this than the average Irish woman
    Still though, I'd personally go for something in between. I don't like the lapdancer gear look but neither do I like the rather frumpy, plain and dowdy clothes a lot of women on the continent wear.
    I don't agree with them totally obscuring the shape of a great ass/boobs/pair of legs in order to show the world how they're not trying to attract men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Down with miniskirts!

*walks over to the window*

The year was 1968. We were on recon in a steaming Mekong delta. An overheated private removes his flak jacket, revealing a t-shirt with an iron-on sporting the MAD Slogan "up with mini-skirts".

Well, we all had a good laugh, even though I didn't quite understand it. But our momentary lapse of concentration allowed Charlie to get the drop on us. I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin stew consisting of fish, vegetables, prawns, coconut milk, and four kinds of rice.

I came close to madness trying to find it here in the States, but they just can't get the spices right!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Maybe it's just me but I haven't really seen many good looking girls around here wearing mini-skirts. Only dirty townie girls so I couldn't care less about it. Just don't go banning them in America or the latin countries...noice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Don't think they should be banned. Once dressed well and classy while wearing them its grand but does not suit every girl! It depends but don't think showing the flesh is a good look! Say leggings or tights are a good to wear under mini skirts. Mini skirts should not be woren at work, on nights out or casual wear is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The shorter the skirt
    The better the view

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mike65 wrote: »
    The economy is in the ****ter so mini-skirts should be out of fashion, the girls should be wearing burkas things are so bad. :pac:
    cause and effect ?

maybe shorter skits will improve the economy ?

it's worth a try

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dlofnep wrote: »
    Mini-skirts should be mandatory if anything!
    no way Jack :mad:

they are for wimminz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

cause and effect ?

maybe shorter skits will improve the economy ?

it's worth a try

Yeh, we save on the bogroll costs!:D

Advertisement