Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any decent NiteClubs in Galway/Mayo County areas (not city)

Options
  • 25-10-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    Living in Galway County (Tuam area) and am peeved at the lack of decent niteclubs around Galway/Mayo these days....
    Geoghaghans Tuam:
    Went there on the Talent Show night afew weeks back (Oct 2010), desperate bad. What's with the dingy John Tavolta dancefloor that you couldn't swing a cat in and yet they have you fenced into it? Guys in track suits with hoodies up.
    Ordered a few shots at the bar and was served up in those cough medicine plastic cups - I swear is only half the normal measure size!
    Niteclub Rating (this nite) 3/10 (and that's being generous)

Monsoon in Ballyhaunis:
    OMG - what can I say...Women cat fighting and tearing strips out of each other Sat Halloween Nite (Oct 2010). Bouncers didn't chuck the cat fighters out and they were at it twice again before the nite was out. As for *some* of the female dress sense - eh, you'd swear they were on The Game. Slapper dress sense and agressive drunk with it. Under age girl head dived off the stage as she was absolutelty plastered drunk. Saw her asleep in a pool of water in the ladies toilet later. As for the Ladies toilets - jeeze worst I've seen in awhile. Toilet attendent in there holding onto the soap dispenser like it was a gift - hello - we need soap on the counter, it's not supposed to be a luxury!! Floors were soaking and puke in most of the cubicles - bad, bad, bad.
    The only good thing was that the fancy dress costumes were excellent - well done to The Joker!! Good effort by all....loved the Avatar guy..v good.
    Won't be going back there anytime soon though....
    Niteclub rating (this nite) 1/10 (and that was for the punters costume efforts only)

What's going on with the Claremorris Niteclubs? Or have they all closed down?
    Would love to hear any good niteclubs out there at the mo....

Comments

theres one in Mountbellw but I have no info on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vonniec

the east, ballinasloe and club l in loughrea are very good. guest djs all the time and the like. they have a clothing etiquette, so no hoodies or trainers :cool:
    the planet in ballinasloe has dancers and competitions all the time too, usually gets a good crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

vonniec wrote: »
    they have a clothing etiquette, so no hoodies or trainers :cool:

Yeah because scumbags and troublemakers can't wear shoes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

theres one in Mountbellw but I have no info on it

stay away from it if you don't like be in places with teenagers. its not a nice place too be in and manger is so rudeas is the staff. rockfords in roscommon is nicer and is only 20mins away.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dreenman

NO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Club L = Complete rip off, avoid at all costs

Advertisement