Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone app

Options
  • 25-10-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi, Any thoughts on creating an app for the iphone ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The iphone has an internet browser. Does the job grand, would be a waste of time for them to do an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Will wrote: »
    The iphone has an internet browser. Does the job grand, would be a waste of time for them to do an app.

ok was just wondering as the app might be clearer.

Anyway was just an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Heyes wrote: »

Lots of people have created apps for the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Lots of people have created apps for the iPhone.
    He just wants to create one though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Heyes wrote: »

Yep.

link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Taptalk is the answer, which is available for a lot of (VB)forums. However I would doubt that they would install here, in the short term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    Taptalk is the answer, which is available for a lot of (VB)forums. However I would doubt that they would install here, in the short term.
    Its been mentioned before, and the team have said that they don't plan to do so because the boards install deviates from a standard vB installation in a lot of ways and it would require a massive code review to ensure that it works correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Its been mentioned before, and the team have said that they don't plan to do so because the boards install deviates from a standard vB installation in a lot of ways and it would require a massive code review to ensure that it works correctly.

That's why I said that I doubt that it would be installed here. Too many hacks, it's a pity, because taptalk is one of the few iPhone apps that actually delivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Bascially, yes, what Aidan said.

I spoke with Conor before about adding Taptalk and he said it's basically 10,000 lines of code that he needs to audit and make sure works with our very modified vBulletin and that's simply not going to happen any time soon as we don't have the time and already have the Mobile skin (which Ross tells me now features a thanks button :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Dav wrote: »
    ...have the Mobile skin (which Ross tells me now features a thanks button :))

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

www.m.boards.ie and my ipod's safari browser have been getting really intimate lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Which is a shame really as VB constantly bring out patches for vulnerability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Which is a shame really as VB constantly bring out patches for vulnerability.
    vB constantly bring out vulnerabilities which they then need to patch. Not quite the same thing ;)

We keep up to date with bug reports, any high priority patches are integrated quickly.

Advertisement