Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compaq deskpro cases

Options
  • 25-10-2010 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

hi

i've a couple of old compaq deskpros with working power supplies

i want to build a couple of basic athlon pcs using the cases and PS's

will an athlon motherboard fit into these ?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Model number and case format (tower, desktop, slimline etc.) please :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

desktop anyhow

pentium 3

model number dont see one?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't think its going to work - its the old custom PSUs that kills it. You could use current mATX mobos and drives and then find you have no suitable PSU that could be mounted in there :o The current PSUs won't work in a modern system - those old rigs were 5V-based, modern PCs are all 12V-based. The old PSUs don't even have an ATX12V connector for powering the CPU! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ok thanks

i'll take a look at the power supplies to be sure

Advertisement