Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SSL Nucleus

• 25-10-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

SSL Nucleus Controller - List price will be under 4k Euro

Key Features-

• Ethernet connected DAW Controller re-defines the professional project studio

• Compatible with ProTools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo and all major DAW applications

• Switch between 3 connected DAW’s with a single button press

• 100mm motorised faders, Digital Scribble Strips, assignable V-Pots and soft keys

• Completely user customisable DAW & Key Command mapping

• Large heavy duty transport buttons and high quality jog/shuttle wheel

• Benchmark SuperAnalogueTM quality output to separate +4dBu & -10dBV connections.

• High quality USB audio interface stereo record and playback path for your DAW

• Two Combi XLR mic/line/instrument level inputs to audio interface and monitor outputs

• Digital S/PDIF I/O to the AD/DA of the audio interface

• Zero latency monitoring with wet/dry control to balance input and DAW playback

• SSL SuperAnalogueTM Mic Pre’s, identical to those used on SSL Duality and AWS consoles

• Mic inputs have 80Hz High Pass Filters, Phase Reverse and Phantom Power.

• Insert send/return connections switched between inputs and DAW playback for mixdown

• Additional ‘external’ SuperAnalogueTM input monitor path for another audio interface
    198026d1287187065-presentation-new-ssl-nucleus-belgium-netherlands-oct-13th-14th-nucleus.jpg
    • Two headphone outputs, iJack monitor input and Standard 1/4” Jack footswitch

• Four USB sockets for use as a 4 port USB hub

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

To buy list!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Some dollars for an interface....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Hmm.
    I don't really know where this sits.
    You could get an Apogee Ensemble, Euphonix Mix and transport controllers and an XLogic Alpha VHD Pre Four Channel Mic Pre for similar money. That'd give you the DAW control, more inputs/outputs, and double the SSL pre's.

I don't really get who SSL are aiming at with a lot of their products, seems like a lot of the stuff is overpriced for function it performs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

You could be right Fitz - however the Matrix has done pretty well and that's definitely expensive.

So too the AWS (which now has Stereo Chans just being announced).

As a centre piece for a small studio (or a Studio B, as a couple of enquiries I've had have suggested) I think it will do well.

One omission is a talkback.

The midi via ethernet is a pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

PaulBrewer wrote: »

The midi via ethernet is a pretty cool.

MIDI Yoke will do that, as will ipMidi.

Midi Yoke is free. The windows NT version works with Vista.

Also try http://www.maplemidi.com/Maple_driver.html

• Advertisement

I just noticed that I didn't put in that it includes a Duende Native Bundle in that price ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I just noticed that I didn't put in that it includes a Duende Native Bundle in that price ....

They need a better webmaster ;)

http://www.solid-state-logic.com/support/duende%20native/

Not supposed to have spaces in urls ;)

Cheers for that Neuro , where's that link from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Cheers for that Neuro , where's that link from ?

It was from following buttons for the Native stuff from within their own site - happens sometimes ;)

• Advertisement

Cheers - I've forwarded the info to them.

Advertisement