Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you always wear a helmet?

• 25-10-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Just curious myself, so do you?

Do you wear a helmet on the bike? 16 votes

always
    0% 0 votes
    never
    56% 9 votes
    sometimes
    6% 1 vote
    no, but keep inteending to get one.
    37% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Always, would feel weird to be on a bike without one - bit like the seatbelt in my car at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 The Nipp

nope. i should probably be dead by now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah i do, if i don't it feels a bit weird tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Sorry O.P. but......images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSboNV4YDxFvSoTj5B9SAVI3fk2XyWYrGHapWMI23OkChoYBGc&t=1&usg=__HXCc9b3RB6XQRctNSHLkWHd36BM=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bank holiday mondays count as fridays now :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A helmet is particularly useful when smacking one's head against the keyboard.

asfd kghflj sdfsdfj gh sdfhsfgh sdfghfsdghm

Ah, better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Mine's too noisy for me. I usually only wear it on bad weather days or when offroading it. Bit silly though when I think about it: I'm routinely barreling downhill at 60+ and it'd more than hurt if something went pear shaped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Don't usually but I've a hi-vis jacket so I'm pretty confident I'll be seen and I usually stick to the footpaths just to be on the safe side, at least until I get around to buying lights...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Mine's too noisy for me. I usually only wear it on bad weather days or when offroading it. Bit silly though when I think about it: I'm routinely barreling downhill at 60+ and it'd more than hurt if something went pear shaped.

dont worry your protective skin of flimsy lycra will protect you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 henryinoz

No no no no no no nooooooooo

They made them compulsory in Australia and New Zealand 20 years ago, and the unintended consequence was a huge drop in cycling, and a huge drop in the general health of the population. Finally there's the beginnings of a movement to repeal the law. People drive their SUVs to a gym now :mad:.

Don't EVER allow it to be regarded as desirable to wear one, or contributory negligence not to wear one.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Done here

Thread Closed

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement