Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold a Faulty laptop 2 years ago, only offering to refund 1/2 the cost, Is that fair?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Script monkeys are funny, the CSR was talking out their arse.
    Exactly, EU law requires that national laws provide a minimum 2 year protection to consumers, not that 2 years is the maximum. Irish law does not specify any such time period as the Statue of Limitations allows you 6 years to make a claim. Note that does not mean that an item must last 6 years but it does mean that an item which is reasonably expected to last more than 2 years is not restricted by the 2yr rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

BostonB wrote: »
    I don't agree. Lots of people just use a computer to read email, book the odd flight and bring a letter. Don't need much power for that. If its not working though, its just a doorstop.
    I use it heavily for college, so it matters to me what guts is inside as it affects my performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I use it heavily for college, so it matters to me what guts is inside as it affects my performance.

I was talking about laptops in general. Not you. Out of curiosity what are doing college that needs commuting power? CAD, graphics, programming, mathematics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

BostonB wrote: »
    I was talking about laptops in general. Not you. Out of curiosity what are doing college that needs commuting power? CAD, graphics, programming, mathematics?
    Sorry, misunderstood!
    While the FZ-21E isn't mind-blowing, its optimized for my needs!

Computer Science; but game design, graphic design, all that good stuff on the side.

Advertisement